Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 156 GTA passed its MOT this week but now at about 80 mph feels like it needs its wheels balancing. Does anybody know if the wheels of a car are taken off when it goes for its MOT ?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't think they remove the wheels, they have access to everything that needs inspected, if they feel they need to remove the wheel to inspect brakes they can but not usually.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't think they remove the wheels, they have access to everything that needs inspected, if they feel they need to remove the wheel to inspect brakes they can but not usually.
This is not true. They are not permitted to remove the wheels

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The 156 GTA passed its MOT this week but now at about 80 mph feels like it needs its wheels balancing. Does anybody know if the wheels of a car are taken off when it goes for its MOT ?
I'm sure there's been a similar thread on here, not long ago. Someone correctly identified that the brake rollers, used to text the brakes during the MOT test (clue in the name there) sometimes 'bite' the tyre, if one of the wheels lock during the test. This can cause a flat spot in the tyre, leading to vibration through the steering/car, when driven.
It's worth checking each tyre, looking for signs of unusual wear. Check for signs that a balance weight has come off while you have the wheels free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts