Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a set of 18 inch OZ Ultraleggeras on my Mito, and wanted to fit spacers in the rear. I therefore measured the distance from the inner fender lip to the tire, using a hanging weight and a ruler. This gap basically: http://wheels.acuteperformance.com/images/spacer_measure.jpg
I discovered that there was a BIG difference in how big the gap was on each side of the car!
On the rear left side there is a 30 mm gap and on the rear right side there is only about a 10 mm gap. What could cause this? And is this normal?
I did replace the rear wheel bearings not that long ago, but I didn't have any problems getting them fitted to the car.
Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Are you sure the 10mm side doesn't already has a 20mm spacer mounted? Are the tires/tirewidths the same on both rims? Are the rims the same width, same ET value?
If so... did your car had an accident at the back? :paperbag:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just a thought: when you are using gravity to define your measuring datum, it's very very important the car stands on flat ground.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rims are the same and there are no spacers fitted on any sides.
I asked about this on a general car forum, and several people stated that their car was the same. I guess it might not be so uncommon... Some people also suggested that it might be possible to adjust the whole rear suspension a bit towards the left. I might have to have a shop look at the car since it also pulls slightly to the right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts