Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Even though I've been posting asking and also attempting to answer. The Alfa GTV is my son's 2L TS.

His wheels are 15" and rather tatty and he would like me to get a set for Christmas for him. They don't have to be ready for Christmas though; he really wants some financial help from me as his front tyres are nearing their end of life.

I think he would like a different style and possibly larger diameter wheel than the standard set e.g. 16" Teledials. Has anyone a set preferably with tyres that have life in or will have a set within the next 6 weeks or so?

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Steve, Have you tried any local Scrapyards, there's loads about that don't know the true value of Alfa Alloys, I managed to pick up a set of 17'' teledials the other day for £80 with good tyres, there's also the multispoke alloys that you see on the 147 which go for cheap if you look around, Check out Gumtree, ebay also and you'll be there in no time :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a standard set of phase 2 GTV alloys, they are 16".

Will need a refurb.

2 have very average tyres, 2 are without.

£40 for the lot.

I can try to get some photos if it helps.

I am in RM12, Romford.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a standard set of phase 2 GTV alloys, they are 16".

Will need a refurb.

2 have very average tyres, 2 are without.

£40 for the lot.

I can try to get some photos if it helps.

I am in RM12, Romford.
PM sent hours ago now :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't forget that 156/147 wheels have a different offset......:thumbs:
Good point. Is there somewhere on this forum a list of wheels, their sizes and offsets etc?

I know nothing about the GTV or any of the other wheels that may suit or the problems if the offset is different.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
My advice is, don't bother with 156 alloys. Ph2 alloys look great, weigh less and have the correct offset. They are cheap too!

·
Registered
145 Posts
What do standard phase 2 alloys look like. my phase 1 has those scabby teardrop things on, they don't look very nice. If I could find a reasonably priced set of nicer wheels I would buy them, all the wheels I have seen advertised have been daft money :cry:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
I did think that... 15" only came in steel variety (for winter tyres?) Not in the UK anyway..

There is a "tele-dial" option @ 17" .. they are a bit similer but have a raised, square-edged lip around the holes. Some peoples likes them.... :)

Remember that GTV wheels fit ... GTVs and not much else. They are 5x98PCD which is very unusual. Only Fiat group and Lada use 98PCD and as has been said, different cars have different offsets.

The offset isn't critical though.. anything less than 5mm difference is unlikely to cause problems.. it's more about how they look in the arch.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve, if you manage to buy some new ones would you like to sell me your old ones? ;)
When we get it sorted I will contact you - I can't see anything happening this year though. Have to get the replacement wheels and re-paint/refurbish.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
If the right offer was in place i have 4 x Zender Milano's 17" 98PCD but the offer would need be very good indeed, or i have 2 x Spare Zender Siena's that need minor refurbishment which i was going to do myself ie the lips have kerb marks that i was going to polish out but alas do not have the time anymore.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I have these and am considering swapping the teledials from my 156 onto the car as I really think they will look better. There is just something I don't like about the originals.
Then you will need spacers to keep the off set correct which means a 10mm spacer or a 15mm IIRC to get a hubcentric spacer. This adds up to extra weight on each corner. (the original Gtv alloys are much lighter than 156 alloys)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May be considering the Teledial option - I'll see what my son prefers.

As I understand the 16" Teledials have the same PCD but have 10 mm of thereabouts offset, so a spacer and presumably longer bolts (maybe studs - not sure as never had the wheels off) will be needed The wheels will fit and the car will run I guess without any spacers? There is no problem with wheels rubbing on brakes etc is there?.

What is source for the spacers and fixings, please?

Thanks, Steve

1 - 20 of 26 Posts