Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to get some new 7"/17" wheels for my GT, preferably something like 147 GTA teledials(?) and preferably with tyres.

I don't mind used if they are decent. I don't want to pay £250 a corner! I'd be happy with ~£500 (or less) total but will stretch to more if that's unrealistic.

I've looked on ebay and company ads that google finds with "alfa 17 wheels" but most of them seem to be 'boy racer' types.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,
Willber

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres a good chance you'll have to stretch your budget a bit to get some good ones. You never know though, theres bargains to be had on ebay. What wheels have you got at the mo like?
I've been checking ebay for the past week but nothing's come up. Current wheels are horrible skinny 5-spokes that wouldn't look out of place on a barried corsa - don't know what the PO was thinking!

I'm almost resigned to breaking my budget and I've found these - £624 with Falkens (did a search here for tyres and Falkens seem to get good reviews) - what do you think?

Link

I know they're 5-spokes too but they'll look ok I think.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I've been checking ebay for the past week but nothing's come up. Current wheels are horrible skinny 5-spokes that wouldn't look out of place on a barried corsa - don't know what the PO was thinking!

I'm almost resigned to breaking my budget and I've found these - £624 with Falkens (did a search here for tyres and Falkens seem to get good reviews) - what do you think?

Link

I know they're 5-spokes too but they'll look ok I think.
They remind me of the 147 Q2? wheel (attached). Its hard to say without seeing them fitted. :confused: They could work though.

Ive just had a scan on ebay there and they really are all crap on there arent they.

These were the best of a bad bunch and within your budget...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-17-ALFA-ROM..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item4a9da6231a

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Not bad, but they're shown as multifits rather than 5 holes :confused:
I prefer the ones I posted (though difficult to judge without seeing them on the car), I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on the extra cash :)
Thanks for your suggestion, all others gratefully received!
im guessing the picture will just be a generic pic of the wheels. If it says they fit a GT which it does then thats what you have got to go off.

Theres certain wheel sites where you can put different wheels on different cars which may be of help to you, but im not sure which sites do this.

Or have a mooch on google images or general GT pics to see what works and what doesnt. :thumbs::)

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Even with a stretch of budget, its still a tough choice with limited choice i reckon.

what about 18's?

heres a pic of a GT with similar-ish 5 spokes (i think they are the ones i attached above). They look more like 18's on the pic though, plus the manafacturers usual trick of lowering the cars for the press shots....

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoops, posted to quick.
Those 5 spokes look good, and they are similar to the ones I found...I might go for it if nothing else comes up in the next couple of days

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,182 Posts
I think that these are the nicest OEM 17'' rim on a GT and are what I have on my car(stock PHOTO)

2006 Alfa Romeo GT 1900 cc 1.9 JTDm

I know that they are available as replicas for little over #100 per corner.
I had those on my 156 SW - they looked awesome, as our American friends would say...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+1 also...

And I've bought these (the top ones)! :D

Drove 60 miles to pick them up having arranged to get Falken ZE912s fitted close by for £63 a go. Quick turnaround by all concerned (excellent service at both places btw) and I was off for the return journey within the hour - and what an improvement over my old Bridgestones:

Grip +1
Noise +2 (quieter)
Ride +4

It's like a different car - and they look fantastic!

Thanks for all the advice on here :thumbs:

Cheers,
Willber

PS - One slight problem; bolts supplied with the wheels were too long, had to use the old ones. Supplier is looking into it...
Oh, and I blew my budget, but I think they're worth it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts