Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't shared the story of my GTA yet, so here goes. I bought the silver one off Pud that he was about to scrap if no one rescued it. That was in July 2018. I picked it up last March after some remedial work by Pud at Autolusso North. I spent last summer sorting out some remaining issues and have put it into storage for the winter. Had the first bit of cosmetic work done to it while it's away - caliper and wheel refurb courtesy of Aaron at Scene Clean Valeting (the site is worth a look as he's had some great cars in and does a great job on them - not mine apart from the wheels and calipers as it needs a respray!). The caliper colour change might not be to everyone's liking but I fancied a change.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Like that colour, I toyed with yellow calipers, but when I chose gold alloys I'm glad i didnt, but will really stand out with the silver car/wheel background.
Look like they are well executed as well.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like that colour, I toyed with yellow calipers, but when I chose gold alloys I'm glad i didnt, but will really stand out with the silver car/wheel background.
Look like they are well executed as well.
Thanks Ed.
Here’s a link to Baxter’s thread where Pud mentions the car I bought. Post #3.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ed.
Here’s a link to Baxter’s thread where Pud mentions the car I bought. Post #3.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
I haven't shared the story of my GTA yet, so here goes. I bought the silver one off Pud that he was about to scrap if no one rescued it. That was in July 2018. I picked it up last March after some remedial work by Pud at Autolusso North. I spent last summer sorting out some remaining issues and have put it into storage for the winter. Had the first bit of cosmetic work done to it while it's away - caliper and wheel refurb courtesy of Aaron at Scene Clean Valeting (the site is worth a look as he's had some great cars in and does a great job on them - not mine apart from the wheels and calipers as it needs a respray!). The caliper colour change might not be to everyone's liking but I fancied a change.
I remember this one, that rather special Grigio Chiaro paint which is pretty rare. Looking good by the way. Here's to two GTAs bought from Pud(y)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember this one, that rather special Grigio Chiaro paint which is pretty rare. Looking good by the way. Here's to two GTAs bought from Pud(y)
Yes, that's the one Baxter - thanks. Paint is a bit worse for wear at the minute but it is a great colour. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Yes, that's the one Baxter - thanks. Paint is a bit worse for wear at the minute but it is a great colour. (y)
Glad you saved it, it would have been a shame if it had been broken up(y) Is there much left to do in terms of work aside from paint?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts