Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what nice sports wheels will fit a 166 ?
Not the boy racer stuff, just some nice 6 or 7 spoke wheels to enhance the look without looking as if I'm born again 21.... grey hair cant get away with that one now !
(I'm in my 40's...)
Thanks

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Why not just fit Alfa 17s or 18s? There were two different styles of 'horseshoe' 17s for the original model, spoked 17s and 18s for the FL and Ti 18s, which are my personal favourite.

Whatever you do, don't put on Audi 19s, like our old friend 'big foot' :D

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
have a look on ebay...any 5x108 should fit with original bolts and any 5x110 with wobbly bolts....Pomeos are Fox r1's for a Vx Zafira...Also some Jag and Ford may do.

Just for a change .Assuming 2.4jtd is like V6.

Pomeo

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
I reckon a 166 would look hot with 159 Ti wheels...

Actually, you could even put Brera S wheels on with wobbly bolts...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Dougie had some really nice wheels, zenders? I am gutted i didn;t get them when he was selling them

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
No offence but I'm kind of glad you didn't get them as they would now be a ashy lump on the hard shoulder somewhere!

How is the new car running? Do you know where your old car is?

Cheers Stuart
funnily enough as i wrote the above i had the same thought!

New car is running very well, a lot "tighter" than my old one if that makes sense...Old one I have no idea, I still haev the V5 and no word form the insurence company...!!

Oh and an update, last night went for my "interiew" with Topical TV, re the footage they got and will show on TV in Janurary!!! flames were a lot bigger than i remembered them!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
funnily enough as i wrote the above i had the same thought!

New car is running very well, a lot "tighter" than my old one if that makes sense...Old one I have no idea, I still haev the V5 and no word form the insurence company...!!

Oh and an update, last night went for my "interiew" with Topical TV, re the footage they got and will show on TV in Janurary!!! flames were a lot bigger than i remembered them!
Gosh that will be drematic. Will the flames be acompanied by the screams of horror from the owner? :p

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
I´vbe got these original ones from AR on - 17".
Had to get my £1 reading glasses on to see the picture in focus.

So it does have the 5 lines meeting in the centre...
You have style BJ.
I just love those wheels...Mines I got from Dave are still sitting in my neighbours garage as the weather has been so poor to put them on and fix the brear suspension.

IMHO these are the best wheels

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
No - 18" Ti's are the 166 wheel :cool: but each to their own :)

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I reckon a 166 would look hot with 159 Ti wheels...

Actually, you could even put Brera S wheels on with wobbly bolts...
I've seen these at an AR dealer Milano
Would these fit ? What do you reckon they would look like on a 166 ? Supposing they would fit ????....
Are these from a 159Ti ?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
See my post No. 11 above for 18" version on a 166. Those are probably 17" on a 147/156?

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
Yup 17"

The ones Dougie had, you mean Zender Sienas?

Not sure about offset etc, but the stud pattern from the Brera S wheels could be made to fit the 166 using wobbly bolts.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
Not sure about offset etc, but the stud pattern from the Brera S wheels could be made to fit the 166 using wobbly bolts.
Yes at least one person has already got 159 wheels on their 166.
You need centering rings too because the centre-bore is different.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Yup 17"

The ones Dougie had, you mean Zender Sienas?

I was talking about the 18" standard wheels on my facelift Ti.

This is just my opinion but I had non standard 18"s on my 166 I was glad to get the 17"s on. Yes the steering isn't as light but the right is so much better no more crashing through pot holes.
Were Ok on the Ti - Standard Alfa fit with 235/40/18 but then this was revised suspension set up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts