Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheelie bin fairies?.....extra helpful binmen?.......rubbish thieves?

I've just gone out to put some 'general' rubbish (ie non recyclable) into the wheelie bin.

Nothing very odd about that, however, a further two bags that were in the bin have vanished??

We have a fortnightly wheelie bin collection, and I purposely didn't put the bin out two weeks ago when the weather was stormy as I didn't want it blowing over and discarding rubbish all over the place.

Thus....either there are some disillusioned folk out there who find my rubbish of great interest (bad luck guys, you'll find no 'personal paperwork' in there), or the binmen were extra helpful, came onto the property, up the step, and removed the bags from the bin.

Going by history, I really can't see the latter being true :confused:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Could be thieves looking for personal stuff, or maybe it's the Big Bro council checking that you haven't put recyclable stuff in the non-recyclable bin. I caught a council official snooping around my bins with a clipboard in his hand a few months back. Wish they would get a life. :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be thieves looking for personal stuff, or maybe it's the Big Bro council checking that you haven't put recyclable stuff in the non-recyclable bin. I caught a council official snooping around my bins with a clipboard in his hand a few months back. Wish they would get a life. :rolleyes:
There may be the 'odd' item that has slipped trough the net, but mostly they would just find cat litter bags full of you know what :lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Wheelie bin fairies?.....extra helpful binmen?.......rubbish thieves?

I've just gone out to put some 'general' rubbish (ie non recyclable) into the wheelie bin.

Nothing very odd about that, however, a further two bags that were in the bin have vanished??

We have a fortnightly wheelie bin collection, and I purposely didn't put the bin out two weeks ago when the weather was stormy as I didn't want it blowing over and discarding rubbish all over the place.

Thus....either there are some disillusioned folk out there who find my rubbish of great interest (bad luck guys, you'll find no 'personal paperwork' in there), or the binmen were extra helpful, came onto the property, up the step, and removed the bags from the bin.

Going by history, I really can't see the latter being true :confused:
More to the point, why do you care? The bin is empty, job done :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts