Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good place that can fix my wheels?

I don't mean the wheel refurbishment places, that can remove scrape or curbing damage and give you a new lick of paint.. but pukka wheel repairers.

My old MM Evo's are all slightly buckled c/o the Queen's Highway -some worse than others. No cracks or rips.. just good old-fashioned ovaling (though n/s/f has two minor buckles on the outer rim c/o M25 "cats-eye" pot-hole).

I only found one place in Scotland that can do it but that's MILES away.. though if Italy are playing Scotland in the 6-nations rugby at Murrayfield this year I could be tempted to make the trip...

Ralf S.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Where is the place in Scotland?

I dont think you can repair alloys.

A friend has a large place that does alloy chassis repairs, using controlled heat, tension and pressure, its really complicated and takes ages, I cant see a similar process being economical on wheels.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's more or less what I'm finding out.

Fixing a wheel is about £120 each, whereas my wheels with tyres were about £150 each from memory, so it seems to be a no-brainer.

Having said that, Mille Miglia have gone bust so buying new Evo' Vs (below) is impossible.

Maybe I should post a "suggest some wheels" thread!

The nearest I can find is the Mangels Amazon (also below) which seems to be *almost* identical but is available in 100 PCD only.

FYI, the wheel repairers I found are:

http://www.alloywheelrepairs.net/

Ralf S.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts