Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My steel winter wheels (Mito) are looking a bit tatty, could just tosh them over with black paint but I'm thinking along the lines of wheel trims. Rims are Alfa 16" and I presume universal trims would fit. Anybody got any experience in this area?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a quick rubdown and a coat of gloss black, they are looking far more respectable. If not a full wheel trim, then at least some form of centre hub cap must be available?

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Not sure there is anything for a cap to clip onto .. the standard MiTo trims wedge onto the rim.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Don't you just love fleabay .. I'm pretty sure the smallest wheel on a MiTo was 16 inches .. so fleabay sell Mito wheel trims in 13" diameter!! o_O

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking through my Mito user manual, there is a listing for 15" snow tyres. So wheels possibly as small as 15" may have been available?

·
Registered
Alfa 166 Super, Gtv 6 Phase 1 (916), Alfa Mito QV
87 Posts
There are definitively 15 '' rims. 16" and more is only needed when you have the brembo 4 pot brakes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think 16” was the smallest in the uk, but as above there are definitely 15” wheels in other markets.

I’d have thought any generic 16in wheel trims would fit the Alfa wheels, they all clip on in the same way with a large metal ring acting as a spring pressing on plastic lugs to press against the rim part of the wheel.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure the make up of the steel wheel is the same throughout the different manufacturers but the centres do seem very proud and I hoping don't need a convex type trim. I've got my eye on a s/h flat set for little money so it won't be the too awful if they don't fit.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I've seen the genuine wheel trim, I doubt that a run of the mill universal one would actually fit. Assuming I'm reading that pricing correctly, I couldn't justify that sort of outlay for winter wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts