Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.Can anybody tell me where i can lay my hands on a set of wheel spacers that is if they are of any use. What do you think guys any advice much appreciated.Regards shug

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Shug.
you can get universal wheel spacers from Demon Tweeks. Don't have the info with me. I'll post it tonight.

Marlon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a post dated around September 2001 in the Tech room that discussed the use of spacers. I wouldn't mind some, but at almost £50 a pair for OMPs to increase your track by 35mm I don't think I'll be buying them anytime soon. Plus they recommend extended studs as well.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just bought a pair of spacers for my rear end.It is the system where the spacer first shall be mounted in 4 holes,and afterwods the alloy in 4 other holes.Check them out on http://www.spurverbreiterung.de/ .
I can see theere is a dealer in almost every eropean country.

Choose the english/american site,and then "Enter online cataloque".Now the different systems will be shown,and the one I have bought is system 4,with a thickness of 20 mm.

Now click on "cataloque",and then "wheel spacers by vehicle labels",and choose Alfa Romeo.They made them up to 50 mm!!!!

Enjoy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Shug

S-Racing Wheel Spacers. Prices from £33.56 per pair for the Universal ones ranging from 15 to 25mm. Call Demon Tweeks on 01978 664468

They have some wheel spacer kits from £17.86.

Also do the OMP stuff at around £50 and super S-Racing ones at £69 !!!!

Remember you will need extended bolts aswell.
They cost about £2 each.

Marlon

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all!

You jokers are lucky with the spacer thing. Not even allowed to think about them here!!! And anyway, won't they load up the bearings in all the wrong way??

Oliver

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh i think that the wheel bearings will take a hammering and i wouldnt trust stud extenders at 70mph round a hard bend(you know what i mean)as i remember the mini ones always bent the studs and had a habit of coming loose.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were fitted as standard to some 155's.........weren't they??

wrinx

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes,-"s" version of the widebody was born with 5 mm spacers at front.But okay,it's only 5 mm.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hhhmmm, that means I'm missing a bit of space!!

Mine's a 1995 V6 sport........no spacers!

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
small ones are fine but not those huge aluminium giants that make it impossible to drive into the garage.(maybe not that big then)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wrinx :In Denmark the "S" version always came with the grey 5 spoke Speedline's.And they are "borned" with theese 5 mm. spacers.Didnt the "S" version come automatical with Speedline's in the UK?Or other contry's?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thomas

Seems that the '95 "sport" model had speedline fake split rims (well mine did!) but the later Sportspack had the black or grey speedlines.

There will probably be differences to this, perhaps they were an optional extra on mine???? All I know is they cost a shed load of money to fit myself :(

But, it didn't have spacers, unless they've been lost before I got it??

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm getting all confused again..........were there any pre-'95 sportspacks??

wrinx

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Ithink Justray up here in elgin took spacers off his standard 8v 2.0 ,that car definitely had them on as standard.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe Alfa has used spacers from time to time on some specific alloys/rims??Could be a posibility.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 155 V6 came with spacers on the front, and "fake" split rims......
Don`t think its a sportspack model though (95 M)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay,-now the confusion is total :confused:

How does these fake split rims look like??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts