Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a front wheel off the other day, to have a look at the brakes and I noticed that the front wheel had a 4mm spacer behind it.

It looked like it belonged there (perfect size and holes) rather than an after market job but it strikes me as a bit unusual.

Is it a standard thing or did someone put it there? The lad is a 94/M skinny body V6.

Ralf S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi just sending little reply i was told that all of the 155's have a spacer but i have had both 8 valve and now have 16valve but they never had spacers on hope this helps you by the way this was from a bloke who works in alfa dealership

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the Twinsparks went 16V and widebody in '96, the front track was widened and this little spacer was part of the process. I'm pretty sure that the V6 ALREADY had the wider track and therefore that a '95 V6 would have these spacers as standard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just changed the wheels on my '95 V6 widebody, no spacers here?????

Does it have the wider track without spacers?

Thought I knew about the 155's until recently, lots of confusing differences are coming to light!!! :(

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
Looking at the parts CD reveals that the spacer belongs to widebody sportpack cars (any engine size), 1.6 & 1.8 widebodies do not have the spacer- I presume that it's do to with the sportpack speedline wheels?

The 1.6/1.8's with sportpack also have larger front discs (280mm instead of 257mm).

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, some types have these spacers, some people take them off to fit different wheels.
If you want to know exactly, check the list of a wheel shop. The cars with offset 38 are the ones with standard spacers. The other ones are offset 30-35. By the way, I removed the spacers to compensate and fitted offset 35 wheels. But it is not all that critical, you can also leave them and have a wider track as long as wider wheels don't hit the body.

Wil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I've just fitted new wheels (as previously mentioned), they are the proper sportspack black speedlines, onto my widebody '95 V6, should I fit spacers or not??

wrinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts