Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about spacers? Recomendations...? Thinking 10mm rear and 5mm front. What wheel nuts would I need? Guessing they'll need to be longer

·
Registered
741 Posts
I haven't done this yet but am planning to. My research from the many threads i read through shows 20mm rear and 16mm front seems to be the most popular combination. Alfisti apparently recommend that and they sells a wide range of makes and sizes too. Those sizes dont create any rubbing so seem to be the maximum you can get away with. But as I've said this isn't first hand advice , just what my hours of reading turned up.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I get rubbing at the back with 16mm spacers, unless I drop the tyre width down to 205mm; I tried 215 aswell. I'm running standard Giulietta 17" wheels.

So for me the maximum at the back would be 6mm with 225mm wide wheels

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
yes, you need to measure one of the current bolts from the small end to where the cone starts, and order bolts that are longer with the width o the spacer: 15mm spacer = 15mm longer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you ever decide or get a final answer on what size spacers work best or dont rub
Not yet, may delay it a bit. Was concentrating more on exhaust and remap... but painting my hubs satin black tomorra and getting wheels done in satin black in couple weeks also

·
Registered
741 Posts
Wise choice. you'll get more obvious improvements from those than the wheel spacers. Ive still got 10 weeks till my new veloce arrives. First thing i'm doing is having the paint corrected then sealed but thanks to you I'm having my hubs painted too. Rusty hubs showing through the spokes has always bugged me on my Sportiva and when I read one of your posts about it I realised what an easy solution it is so I'm having it done from the beginning this time so cheers for planting that thought.

·
Registered
38,741 Posts
The hubs you mean are the brake discs? They are made from" iron" which rusts and also gets hot so the finish is difficult to get so it doesn't get rusty, I think. Disappointing on my new car as there's already a bit of corrosion but a neighbour with a BMW of the same age has it worse.

·
Registered
431 Posts
A further input to consider, the spacer size depends on rim offset. The factory rims are a 7 1/2 Jx17 H2 ET41
ET41 indicates the offset.
I seem to remember Cuore_Sportivo_155 has factory rims, so 6mm suggestion at the back is suitable for ET41.
But if you are considering other rims, eg my summer rims are E41 and my winter rims are ET45, then you need to consider different spacers to suit the overall offset.

Oh, and wider track on the front with narrow track on the rear gives awesome lift off oversteer, which can be desired if you are doing track racing with an FWD car:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wise choice. you'll get more obvious improvements from those than the wheel spacers. Ive still got 10 weeks till my new veloce arrives. First thing i'm doing is having the paint corrected then sealed but thanks to you I'm having my hubs painted too. Rusty hubs showing through the spokes has always bugged me on my Sportiva and when I read one of your posts about it I realised what an easy solution it is so I'm having it done from the beginning this time so cheers for planting that thought.
Yhh it's literally the only visual part that looks out of line. The rest of my car has been detailed and looks fresh. Theres no 'scatty' parts left after that. You've his gotta make sure it's high temp paint obviously. And id recommend paint pot and brush rather than spray... sprays more work and dosent leave as great of a cover.

·
Registered
38,741 Posts
The bolts on my 2011 rusted pretty soon after delivery. Not sure about the newer ones. Perhaps they fix this issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts