Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 155 1.8 8v WB from 96.

I have found a set of wheel 6.5x16- 4x98.
Goodyear F1 205/45-16,2

Are they the right ones?
Will they fit?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Sound spot on to me. Just make sure the offset is OK. Probably will be.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nigel S said:
Sound spot on to me. Just make sure the offset is OK. Probably will be.
What actually is the best offset for a widebody? 35? Im thinking about putting on some 17 inch wheels and 215/40 tires myself. Is 7 or 7,5 the best width for 17?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I thought the 15" and 16" alloys fitted by alfa had an offset of 38mm, if these alloys have a 43mm offset it will put the wheel centre 5mm further out from the hub...... could possibly rub on the rear wheel arches..??

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
djstanley said:
I thought the 15" and 16" alloys fitted by alfa had an offset of 38mm, if these alloys have a 43mm offset it will put the wheel centre 5mm further out from the hub...... could possibly rub on the rear wheel arches..??
A larger offset will put the wheel further in towards the car.

43mm offset - isn't that from a 164?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know many of u have 17" wheels, what offset do u have? Planning on some eibach-springs too...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pascs is correct...sorry :eek: ...I thought I'd got it the wrong way round at the time !

I've got 17" alloys with a 35mm offset, 205/40 rubber, Eibach springs and standard shocks and I have no problems....

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
djstanley said:
Pascs is correct...sorry :eek: ...I thought I'd got it the wrong way round at the time !

I've got 17" alloys with a 35mm offset, 205/40 rubber, Eibach springs and standard shocks and I have no problems....
Same as you DJ Stanley, no probs at all on a wideboy or skinny :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
My 17's are 38mm offset with standard suspension so definatly no problems but there's plenty of for when I do decide to lower it ;) ;)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys,

correct me if I am wrong! Won't the 6.5x16 with 43mm offset fit my Alfa 1.8 WB?

Isn't the inner depth the problem if you have a bigger offset? But what if...see attachment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts