Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a disaster! Whilst having the car up on jacks to fit new discs/pads etc and with the fluid emptied, and with the front wheels off the female security socket broke and I am stuck with an immovable rear wheel. I believe there is a firm that can supply new female sockets but I am unable to locate them at the moment.
Any information/assistance to solve this problem will be much appreciated

·
Registered
746 Posts
You can buy from most motor factor/tool shops security wheel nut removal sockets. Specially designed socket to be fitted on security nuts and aid its removal....

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
You can buy from most motor factor/tool shops security wheel nut removal sockets. Specially designed socket to be fitted on security nuts and aid its removal....
Heh - marvellous - that sounds like it will defeat the whole point of having security wheel nuts :) I bet it looks a bit like the stud removal tools with the pins inside that grip any shape. How long before every budding wheel thief has a selection of them, I wonder.

I guess we're talking about wheel bolts rather than nuts. Then again, I do wonder if wheel still get stolen these days, particularly for odd fitments like Alfa Romeo.

-Alex

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Heh - marvellous - that sounds like it will defeat the whole point of having security wheel nuts :) I bet it looks a bit like the stud removal tools with the pins inside that grip any shape. How long before every budding wheel thief has a selection of them, I wonder.

I guess we're talking about wheel bolts rather than nuts. Then again, I do wonder if wheel still get stolen these days, particularly for odd fitments like Alfa Romeo.

-Alex
Yeah, Audi S-line and BMW M wheels maybe, but can't see Alfa wheels getting nicked

(..although if I spot a Brera S with no locking bolts that may change :D)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) Disaster averted - many thanks to David P - I followed up your suggestion, contacted Evo Automotive and within an hour I found out what my key number was, ordered and paid for a new key and now await delivery which I understand is on it's way. I enquired about their security after Alex GS comments and understand there is a database maintained and anyone making repeated requests for keys would be investigated.A casual wheel stealer would not have the time to find a key combination, order a key before the car drove off!
I love the Alfa Forum all power to it's elbow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts