Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a tub of "Poorboy's world wheel sealant" to stick on my 17's while they are off the car and winter 15's are on.

Can I put some wax on the wheels before I put it on to get a shine or do I just clean them up really well and put it straight on? Will a wax mean the sealant doesn't stick to the wheels?

Cheers for any advice.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
A sealent is basically a synthetic wax and you use either but not both on your car (although some people believe that putting a wax over a sealent helps the looks).
For wheels you should wash, detar, clay, wash, dry, polish and seal in that order. Obviously the detar and clay stages are optional :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you want to get a shine, wax or sealants wont do this. The shine comes from polishing. Just use something like Autoglym SRP to get the shine. It will give them a bit of a deeper clean aswell as it contains cleaning agents and as it is an all in one, it will leave a bit of protection in the form of a sealant. However you will want to add some more protection and for this you can use either a wax or sealant. TBH on wheels you won't notice the difference between either but I would go for a sealant as they are a bit more durable.

I washed, clayed polishe with SRP and then sealed with Autoglym EGP as its designed to work with SRP. Makes the wheels much easier to clean. Only problem is I've just got some new wheels so I have to do it ALL OVER again.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys.

I just managed to give one wheel a wash before my fingers went numb, lol. I know I'm a wuss but it is 1 degree out.

I'll have to get back out tomorrow if it warms up. I've got new centre caps as well so it'll be a real treat for the wheels:lol:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I think the SRP would be a good move and from my experience my wheels looked nicer with the PB Wheel Sealant on. Another good choice would be CarLack NSC which is an All In One as is SRP to a degree but would need EGP to give it the durabilty near that of the CarLack as its very durable. The NSC would polish them and put down a longlasting coating which you could top up with the PB.

·
Registered
37,396 Posts
I must admit to cleaning the wheels last weekend but took the car round the block to dry the brakes,even if the road was wet it stops them sticking,I think...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts