Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got any advice ,cant make up my mind,ive got a red 156 gta and i cant decide to get the wheels done in a bright silver ,anthracite or keep them the original colour ,there the 17 teledial type at the minute there really dull but i think there meant to be a satin finish ,do you think they would look ok if i got them the original colour with a shiny laquer :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Hi mate, I got my alloys, same as yours, refurbed last year, a slightly shinnier finish than the original which was looking dull. At first I thought they looked too shiny, but actually that was only because they had looked so dull before. Go for a bright silver with a nice laquer finish! What colour is your GTA?, the bright silver looks really good with the red. Sorry, just seen yours is red too!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Get them refurbed like these, with the face diamond cut as someone on here did.
IMO might look better in a darker shade or black.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have just had some 17" early gta spoked wheels done by a company in wrexham and had them finished in anthracite look really nice i still have my teledials but there staying silver

link to wheel man The Wheel Restorer

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
decided to get them done in a very bright silver ,cant remember of hand what the name is ,its one of the bmw alloy colours ,gettin a little job done at alfa spares down in aintree ,p.s good company if anyones lookin in liverpool for an indi alfa place. an the paint company on the same site are gonna do my alloys on saturday ,had a few cars outside ha had done an looked like a good job

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gonna drop the car off early an the guy reckons they should be ready about tea time ,fingers crossed

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there isnt any kerbing on three of them an the other alloy only has a little ,they have mainly just gone a bit tired lookin tony

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
if you need a set to borrow while there being done i have my teledials here with tyres on
Cheers, Tony, that's good of you, but I have the GT 18s on at the mo, so I'll be ok. Want to use the teles for maybe track and winter use, but they really do need refurbishment :eek: Or I may just sell them after they're done, dunno yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just out of interest has anyone refurbished their own GTA teledials? I know its not an expensive job to get done professionally compared to some other things but i am thinking about taking on the challenge........:confused: With regard to the colour i'm still unsure as to the colour (same decision as HackneyRed-Black GTA with teledials) I've got a light graphite/anthracite colour in mind similar to the limited edition brera and 159 alloys.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts