Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was just wondering what you think the best looking wheels are for a 156 2.0 JTS?

I am looking for a new tyre and wheel package and would welcome any advice. Especially if people have say fitted 17", 18", 19" wheels etc.. and have had problems in the past.

Should I stay with the typical Alfa look? Or should I be a bit adventurous and go for something completely different?

Thanks for your time :)

·
Vendor
46,653 Posts
What colour is your Alfa? I'd stay stick with 17"s myself. I quite like the multi-spokes, and those one's Roswell has on his are nice too...

·
Vendor
46,653 Posts
Oh and the 17" Supersports on the 147 - Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :inlove:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
any suspension mods? is it lowered, new dampers?

if the car isn't lowered, when you fit 17s or bigger on, it can acquire the 'on stilts' look, which cosmetically isn't pleasing; there is too much of a gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch.

i ran 18s on my old 156, and i found it provided a good blend of performance (particularly turn-in, due to the lower profile tyres, making for less side-side flex), looks, and ride quality. i also had KONI Sport adjustable dampers fitted, and Eibach Pro Kit springs. mostly ran 225/40 Pirelli P7000 tyres.

17s are pretty norm. 19s less so.

main issue is finding a wheel you like that has the standard 5x98mm PCD bolt pattern. some people elect to use 'wobble bolts' which have an inbuilt oversized washer that gives it 'slop', so you can fit a 5x100 wheel. though i'm not a fan of that concept, though on a 2.0L, you don't have the torque/stresses of say the GTA through the bolts.

whatever you choose, try and stick with quality (which means a lighter weight wheel, often stronger and less prone to buckling, and better rotational balance (less counterweights required). same too for the tyres. cheap wheels and tyres don't offset a classy car like an alfa very well (just my opinion :) ).

:)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
btw, i personally prefer non-alfa wheels. if going aftermarket, may as well choose from what's 'out there'. if chosen carefully, it will look really nice, and make your car more individual.

it is of course very subjective. sticking with alfa can retain the 'alfa look' and pedigree.

:)

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
I have 17' supersports on mine and like them. I would like to lower the car however as mine is not a Veloce :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
My car is black and as far as I know it is stock and no changes have been made to the suspension.

Allthough I do believe the Veloce has the sports suspension fitted and is slightly lowered than other models (I don't know this for sure, it's what I have heard through friends).

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Yes the Veloce sits about 15mm lower than a Turismo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts