Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my standard 16" Spider wheels with 17" multispokes.

Can anyone confirm the exact wheel offsets of the 17" multispoke Gt alloy wheels?

I know the stud pattern of 5 x 98 pcd and the bore of 58.1 are compatible with my Spider but the standard wheels on my car at the moment are 30.5 offset, I read that the Gt could be as much as 45 but cant find any information on the exact size.

·
Registered
30,263 Posts
GT rims should be ET35, which was also the GTA offset.
Normal 147/156 rims are ET41.5.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I just put the 17" multis of my 156 onto our spider. They will fit fine however the back sit in slightly so I have bought some 10mm spaces to make it look better but it still looks a little in board. Also you may have to trim the studs on the front hubs as on mine they went in too far and fouled the upright meaning the wheel wouldn't turn. The backs seemed to clear but went in a long way. Not quite the same wheel but very similar.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/253974-spider-got-new-boots.html

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
I had some loan wheels on my 147 that were off a GTV, and you could tell that the offset was wrong - they scraped the outside of the wheel arch liner when I went over bigger bumps.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GT rims should be ET35, which was also the GTA offset.
Normal 147/156 rims are ET41.5.
Correct me if i'm wrong but:-

If mine are 30.5 adding 10mm will give me 40.5, on that basis 17" Multispoke 147/156 rims would probably best suit as they would only be 1mm out, would the bolts still be the correct length with the 10mm spacer?

·
Registered
30,263 Posts
10mm spacers are a bit "iffy" because they are on the limit to be hubcentric. There just isn't enough metal there.
So 12mm or 15mm are a better option.

Re the bolts, the info I have is that the GTV/Spider bolts are 38mm long. 156 bolts are 23mm, 15mm difference.
So 156 wheels with 15mm spacers would use GTV/Spider bolts.

But always check.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10mm spacers are a bit "iffy" because they are on the limit to be hubcentric. There just isn't enough metal there.
So 12mm or 15mm are a better option.

Re the bolts, the info I have is that the GTV/Spider bolts are 38mm long. 156 bolts are 23mm, 15mm difference.
So 156 wheels with 15mm spacers would use GTV/Spider bolts.

But always check.
Thanks for all your help much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts