Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need some help with my 155.

recently had the wheels balanced and I am still expericencing alot of vibration through the steering wheel generaly at 70mph+. It does feel as though it is bouncing around the road

Could this be the wishbones?

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
pepe_delux said:
Hi need some help with my 155.

recently had the wheels balanced and I am still expericencing alot of vibration through the steering wheel generaly at 70mph+. It does feel as though it is bouncing around the road

Could this be the wishbones?
Possibly. Also check the Track Rod Ends. Any wear in these areas will make the car fidgety.

Are you on big wheels/low profile tyres? They could be buckled. Jack one corner up at a time and place something against the edge of the rim. Rotate the wheel and see if the rim stays true or if it moves in relation to the fixed point.

Ralf S.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could well be that the wheels are buckled, I just went to have new tyres fitted and when they checked the balancing only one of the wheels was "balance-able", standard wheels and tyre profile and no obvious signs of accident damage, but they can be trued costing me €50 a wheel but worth it, for a comfortable ride and also sparing the rest of the suspension and steering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts