Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,im fitting my 18" wheels when they come back from refurb and need some help. Right, im going to be using the correct spigot rings and wobbly bolts. Does anyone know the lenght(thread lenght?) of the original bolts,as i want to use 5mm spacers to get the offset ET spot on ideally,so id need longer bolts. But,if i bought longer bolts, and decide not to use the spacers, can i still use the longer bolts? And does anyone know the fundamental difference besides looks between tuner bolts & wobbly bolts?Thanks

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I believe the GTV bolt length is about 35mm but you'd be better to take one of your own bolts out and measure it :p

but the 18" wheels may not need the same length bolt and to be honest you really need to put the wheels on and see how much bolt you need.

If you buy too long bolts then you can cut the excess bolt length off, its a pain to do but not too difficult. I believe you need about 8-10mm of thread into the hub and at the front you will only get away with a small amount of extra thread before it hits the inside (about 5mm ?). At the rear there is more space

1 - 2 of 2 Posts