Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So, i went a little mad at halfrauds yesterday as they are doing 3 for 2 on all car cleaning. So, i addition to buying just about anything maguire-ish they had i thought i'd try some wonderwheels too!

Not bad results on my baby 15's, absolutely sailed through brake dust etc! Wheels were very clean on the outside anyway, but now they're clean all round and have a bit more shine. Need to wash off quickly on wheel inners though as it's not too friendly to non lacquered surfaces apparently!
Posted some piccys of the two wheels cleaned thus far!

Also, despite intermittant downpours i managed to paint two callipers too! Now, i'm bloody useless with a paint brush, but i think i done ok! Not sure about the red though - was going to go black, but intend on buying (or having painted) black wheels in the not too distant.

Any thoughts on the red-on-red situation welcomed - will post a pic of whole car (well, the side thats done anyway :)) when there's more light out!
:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k, so pic added with painted calipers - not in great view mind, but opinions welcomed. Still not sure red with red works myself :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
now you've got them looking cool, put some sealant or wax on them. that'll keeps them easy to clean for years.

M

·
0 Posts
Looks stunning mate.....:thumbs:

I owned a 147 lusso 2.0 just like yours....I'd forgotten how different it looks to the GTA.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Jim, will break our the mags and give them a buff ;)

Thanks MMM! the brakes are a work in progress still - i done the callipers on the side pictured, then after a slightly iffy comment from the Mrs i decided to hold fire, and take the car to the office for the boy racer brigade in the warehouse to look at.
Anyways, a resounding thumbs up from the clio gang, so i've been cracking on with the other side tonight. Will post pics of the final job when complete!
Like i said, i'm sodding useless with a paint brush, but the guys at work were impressed with my handywork :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, totally battling with the weather this week - but the fronts are sorted. Not totally perfect up close, but from more than a foot away they look fine!

now on to the backs

Some piccies attached:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts