Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheel brush is coming to the end of its life

I can just about get mine into the wheel if I'm holding it right on the end of the handle . I only need another inch or so

Have you guys got any recommendations for one with a long handle , doesn't have to be fancy or expensive , even if its not a dedicated wheel brush as long as its a brush that'll do the job .

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
I use that Megs one but it's starting to wear out especially at the thin end.

Guess now you just replace them more often.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Don't know what your wheels look like but I use newly bought loo brushes from a 50p shop on the G and GTV to get right inside the rims. Then Kent soft brush for the shiny parts. On the 33 I used new, old stock 20mm cannon pull throughs (real wool) on a wooden handle.

Like this one but not from them!

http://www.housekeepersheaven.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=626

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought a yellow cone shaped brush from Tesco, its about 11 inches long and ideal for my multi spokes.ost about £8 I think.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I use wheel woolies, dont know how much they are going for though,'z great to use and come in different sizes

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Try the KENT MF wheel brush... Blue head, red handle off eBay for about a fiver. Best wheel brush I've ever used and won't scratch.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought a Halfords Microfibre Wheel Brush for £6. Handle's long enough and it has a two-sided brush: a mesh side for scrubbing and a "tassles" side for cleaning. It has a removable, washable cover over a 2" square, 8" long foam core. Works good.

One caveat: the internal steel bar running the length of the brush is flat, about 5/8" wide. The bar would bend when applying any pressure. Simply removing the cover and rotating it 90° solved that problem, as the pressure is now applied to the edge of the steel bar.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts