Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have been doing a lot of reading on this but I just cant confirm it in my head lol

I have a kinda droning noise sounds like its coming from front wheel, it seems like its only there when im doing between 50 and 60 when i get over 60 (motorways only - i promise:D) its not there, also it disappears when i steer left and mostly when steering right

I thought it was a bearing but after reading everything im confused :confused:

Sandy

·
Registered
129 Posts
One very simple way I was taught to diagnose a bad wheel bearing is to jack the car up spin the wheel and place your hand on the coil spring and you will feel the roughness of the bearing throgh the spring e.g like a clicking feeling through the spring. Check both sides using this method. Could also be a tyre on the wrong direction

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
One very simple way I was taught to diagnose a bad wheel bearing is to jack the car up spin the wheel and place your hand on the coil spring and you will feel the roughness of the bearing throgh the spring e.g like a clicking feeling through the spring. Check both sides using this method. Could also be a tyre on the wrong direction
i had a tyre on my 2.4 that last owner put on and i thought it was a bearing ..turned out it was a van tyre and road noise was unbearable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts