Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the Mitos, the one thing that stands out though is the wheel arch gaps, especially the rears. I'm hoping that if I get some wheel spacers it will take away some of the space around the wheels.

On a 2013 Sportiva, what size spacers should I be looking to fit to improve the look but avoid causing any rubbing problems?

Thank you

·
Registered
597 Posts
Difficult to say. Which size do you have? 16, 17,18"?? Do you have lowering springs? 15 mm per wheel is a good all-around start...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a set of 18 inch OZ Ultraleggeras on my Mito and I just fitted a set of coilovers as well. The last thing I need is to fit some 20 mm spacers in the rear which I bought :) I hope they fit and look nice!

I will post some pictures on the forum when it's done. The car looks SO MUCH better when it's been lowered! Now the rear wheels just sit too much "inside" the rear arches, so I think it's going to look awesome with the spacers fitted.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It all depends on the ET value of the rims you are using and the tirewidth. The standard 17" alfa rims are ET40, with 205x45 17" tires. Using 15mm spacer at the front and a 20mm spacer at the back, the wheels are nicely 'cornered'.

If your rims are ET50, you would need 25mm and 30mm spacers to get the same effect, etc.
This Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com might get you started.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was thinking 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear.

I'm looking at this bumper, so I'm not planning on lowering it, would it still fix the looks of the arches gap if I only used spacers and didn't lower?

Bumper:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261541949513

And the alloys I'm changing to as they remind me of the gta:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311500791924

Also looking to do the same on our Kia Proceed 2013 17", could I use the same 15/20mm spacers on that, what problematic signs would I be looking out for after fitting them?

Thank you

·
Registered
213 Posts
If Alfa spacers fit a Kia, i don't know. Measure, get the specs. Alfa Mito is 4x98 with 58.1 hubsize. What are Kia's specs?

·
Registered
213 Posts
My MiTo with 18" Borbet LV5 (ET50, 5x112). Front and back have a 25mm spacer. Car is lowered using Eibach springs (-30mm). The front spacer will be replaced with a 20mm spacer, 25 is too much. 25mm at the back is perfect with ET50 and 225 tires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Et

My MiTo with 18" Borbet LV5 (ET50, 5x112). Front and back have a 25mm spacer. Car is lowered using Eibach springs (-30mm). The front spacer will be replaced with a 20mm spacer, 25 is too much. 25mm at the back is perfect with ET50 and 225 tires.

I have these Alfa QV 18" wheels with 225 tyres.
Are these ET50?
I have no idea what ET means..

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
The ET value (ET is an abbreviation of the German 'Einpress Tiefe') or in English 'wheel offset', and it's the distance from the centre of the wheel to the face of the bolting plate: Wheel offset information. So, the higher the ET value or offset, the deeper the wheel will be placed in the wheelarch.

You can probably find the ET value printed on the inside of the wheel somewhere :)

My lucky guess would be an ET value of 42 for the ones you show. So, if that value is the same for your old rims, the only difference will be the tirewidth, if the tires are wider.

If you want the wheels to be mounted more on the outside of the wheelarch, you could add spacers to lower the ET value :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry what do you mean by cornered effect?

I just had a quick search and seen people saying they experience slight rubbing on front full lock and that's with the 15mm, do you have similar problems with yours?

·
Registered
213 Posts
By cornered effect i mean it looks like the wheels are at the 'corners' of the car. Not inside the arches. Does that makes sense?

I do have some slight rubbing effect on the left front wheel when i turn it to max. Not a problem when driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts