Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to move my car this morning, to let someone out. As I went to go back in, I wasn't patient enough as the gates were closing. Totally took the angle wrong, heard what I can only describe as one of the most horrific noises ever. Then had to get out of the car and do the "where is the scratch" thing which is horrible. Wheel arch lip, all scratched. Just thought I'd come on to complain about it. Wasn't a nice morning.

On the plus side, it's encouraged me to get all the small scratches repaired that were on the car when I got it. Still, it's gonna be pricey :( :0 :( :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Feel for you! I need to get a few scratches sorted out on mine maybe in the summer. Can't stand leaving it in any car park always scared someone will open the door into it! Doesn't help with all the vans moving around the yard at work either. Please don't hurt her!:lol:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Reminds me of when I reversed into a lampost outside Ian, (alfaowner's) house... was totally in my blind spot.

Doh! Didn't cost much to fix though!

·
Registered
214 Posts
So I had to move my car this morning, to let someone out. As I went to go back in, I wasn't patient enough as the gates were closing. Totally took the angle wrong, heard what I can only describe as one of the most horrific noises ever. Then had to get out of the car and do the "where is the scratch" thing which is horrible. Wheel arch lip, all scratched. Just thought I'd come on to complain about it. Wasn't a nice morning.

On the plus side, it's encouraged me to get all the small scratches repaired that were on the car when I got it. Still, it's gonna be pricey :( :0 :( :(
Gutted for you mate!!!

I have got a nice scrap on my driver's rear wheel arch and a crease on the lower part of my driver's door both done seperately in two different car parks in a matter of a few days. Both by driver's who didn't leave any details, thought someone had it in for me.....:cry::lol:
Am hoping to get my sorted probs in a few weeks.....finger's crossed.

Hope you get your's sorted soon aswell :thumbs:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have got a nice scrap on my driver's rear wheel arch and a crease on the lower part of my driver's door both done seperately in two different car parks in a matter of a few days. Both by driver's who didn't leave any details, thought someone had it in for me.....:cry::lol:
Am hoping to get my sorted probs in a few weeks.....finger's crossed.
:mad: That is my nightmare!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I was in omni park in santry today, i broke my own rules, i promised myself never to park beside a micra granny mobile or any people carriers with baby seats for obvious reasons, a little old dear was getting into the micra i stupidly parked beside, when i got back to the car i had a lovely scrape all along my passenger door right up to the front bumper, the paint was absolutely perfect on the car, i feel like crying and hunting down every gold micra i see.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm always very wary of Omni Park in particular. Alot of the spaces are very narrow.. I generally take up two..

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
search for Chips Away on google, they're supposed to be a lot cheaper than a body shop, and can repair most scatches, scrapes, small dents etc, and they're mobile too so will come to you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts