Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this

EBay 156 inc. GTA arch liner pair of for little money

The ad says suitable for GTA. The same part appears to be specced for both regular and GTA cars.

What do we think?

The bit that is bust on mine is the front portion, I could cut and shut one of these in to place if it isn;t bang on size wise.

I'm feeling tight, but also keep noticing the ragged hole in the arch liner on my car.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Arch liners are Gta specific think they cost me 160 for pair, but they defo won't fit, each side is quite different too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, beware of bodges. Are you sure they will fit, as Ayat says they are specific to the GTA. About £80 each for the GTA ones, Ayat is also correct on price. I just replaced one of mine.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Just buy a second hand one andy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have replaced the nearside twice - but not the offside is this a common experience and if so why would the nearside (usually the front end) wear even if it is still screwed in place.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know, but I have had the same issue with front nearside as well. Now on my third.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I have had the gta going on 2 years. And the 156 jtd 4 years before that. I've never had a problem either. All I can suggest is that they become damaged if they aren't secured properly after being taken out. :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just buy a second hand one andy :rolleyes:
Thing is price. I had a quote from an Alfa breaker for a secondhand one last summer -£45 +VAT+ carriage. So about £65! Little in it against new.

The problem is I don't NEED a replacement. £25 a pair, okay. £80 each new or £65 second hand, too much!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
But that's it. 156 GTA specific = low numbers = hard to find part = silly price :(

I hear what you're saying on price but remember this wasn't a 15k hatch when it was new it was the range topping model. I'm sure BMW M car prices are even worse.... :( It's all relative

·
Registered
516 Posts
But that's it. 156 GTA specific = low numbers = hard to find part = silly price :(

I hear what you're saying on price but remember this wasn't a 15k hatch when it was new it was the range topping model. I'm sure BMW M car prices are even worse.... :( It's all relative
Sort of, but not always: the BM parts supply is brilliant compared to Alfa's, I can check online against part numbers, compare prices, & there's deals to be done with places selling either good repro or OEM stuff, so the value is pretty good if you're prepared to do the work...but there are at least 10x the number of M's, & the M Sport kitted cars add to that, so the point about availability is valid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts