Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im looking at buying a set of secound hand alloys but there mint, 17 inch 5 stud with a pcd of 100 i no alfas use a pcd of 98 but with the wobble bolts that should not be a problem what i need to ask will the tyres be ok as they are 215 40 17 and whats the biggest i can go to with out causing rubbing etc, cheers guys

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
You can use wobbly bolts but the centre bore of the wheels must be 58.1mm - its the centre bore of the wheel which keeps the wheel in place on the hub.

You may be able to get rings which fit inside the wheel centre to make them the correct size for the hub.

Also the offset of the wheels will need to be correct, approximately 35mm

The correct tyre size for the 156 is 215/45 or 225/45 x17 - 215/40x17 is a bit small

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate i think they are 215 45 any way where is the best place to look for the fitting rings etc mate

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bore on the wheels is 54.1 wheel i be able to get them to fit or will they be to small, or can i get rings to make these fit

·
Registered
732 Posts
the bore on the wheels is 54.1 wheel i be able to get them to fit or will they be to small, or can i get rings to make these fit
54.1 is too small and will NOT fit. It needs to be 58.1mm. But, if they are aftermarket wheels, they currently should have "Spiggot rings" in them anyway, which can be removed, and correct bore ones fitted. Most aftermarket wheel manufacturers, make there wheels with a fixed larger centre bore on the wheels, and then fit suitable spiggot rings depending on the vehicle they are going to fit.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I would think 54.1mm is too small unless the wheels have removable rings - some do if they are aftermarket rims

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so how do i find out if they have removable rings sorry to be a pain but never had a motor so hard to get a set of alloys on

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
Ask the guy that is selling them...

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
ask the person selling them, they are pretty plain to see., little plastic rings in the centre of the wheels,the ones iv seen are either yellow or white.

where you getting them from?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just spoke to him they do have removable rings, but the tyres are 215\40 will it be a major problem, and can someone point me in right direction for wobble bolts and rings that aint megga money, cheers for all ur help guys

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
215/40R17 are too small, so you will need new tyres.

Another thing you need to think about is the offset of the wheels. You haven't mentioned that yet!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
well the usuall centre bore outer diameter on aftermarket alloys is 73 (without rings)

so you need 73.1-58.1 (fiat/alfa/lancia) spigot rings

some here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/73-1-58-1-SPI...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item5632472212

and wobbly/corrective bolts can be got from most wheel places, but you need the right length bolts too

here for example

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT/ALFA/LAN...emQQimsxq20100107?IMSfp=TL1001070110002r19758

then you need some wobbly/corrective locking nuts

Conversion, Wobbly Locking Bolts 12x1.25

can also get the standard corrective bolts there too:thumbs:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right i got them here now they have a 5 stud pcd of 100 , ofset of 35, and have got the alfa spigot rings sorted they are 17 inch with 205\40\17 tyres on them, only problem i have now is i need tuner wobble bolts where can i get them from, as i cant quite see how they work

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
Remember to include the cost of the correct size tyres before you buy.
DON'T use the 205/40R17.

·
0 Posts
right i got them here now they have a 5 stud pcd of 100 , ofset of 35, and have got the alfa spigot rings sorted they are 17 inch with 205\40\17 tyres on them, only problem i have now is i need tuner wobble bolts where can i get them from, as i cant quite see how they work
Hello you can get them from Rochford Tyres thats where i got mine from, incidentally i had 18s on my car no problem with these bolts at speeds of a 130+ on some trackdays

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats so wrong with having the tyres at 205\40\17 dont see what the big diffeence is, i only paid 120 for them and have them now

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
your speedo will be out, corrective bolts are in the links in my last post (or didnt you read it?), as i also said, can be got from most wheel places;):thumbs:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok thanks i was only asking as they need to be tuner ones thats all, i did not understand exactly how they worked,

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
whats so wrong with having the tyres at 205\40\17 dont see what the big diffeence...
Many reasons, including, but not limited to:
They are at least 30mm too small in diameter. (so speedo will be way out).
The load index is also too low (the tyres are not strong enough for the car you are putting them on).
The ride will be appaling
etc
etc

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts