Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this place for wheel alignment?

The Tyre Outlet- To maximise the life of your tyres we recommend a free alignment check

they are doing an offer on living socail (groupon type thing). £19 instead of the usual £49.

Says on the wensite they use "John Bean Visualiner" equipmenmt. I've only ever seen people mention Hunter allignment equipment on here.

I live in warrington, so to too far away for me to get there.

What do people think? worth a punt?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
£49 is expensive but £19 is cheap. At a small independent rather than one of the big tyre dealers I usually pay about £25 - £30 for a basic check like this.

Note that your link states "check" so be sure that this is check and adjust for £19.

You still have the problem that you MUST tell them to set it to 0 degrees toe - 99% certain that they will set it to -7 minutes and this is now no longer correct. Be polite, but be firm it must be 0 degrees for maximum tyre life. My local supplier even let me get under the ramp and watch the adjustment.

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
The kit being used doesn't matter too much, far more important is the ability of the person doing it.

Remember, the adjustment process still involves a man holding a spanner!

Also make sure they know that the rear toe AND the rear camber is adjustable.

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Doesn't surprise me.
I wouldn't expect much to get done for £19 ...!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys would a dealer not undertake the work if the car was under warranty? Especially if indeed tyre wear probs exist and they know about it!!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
A range of answers covering, Yes, no, maybe, prove it, and possibly some other replies I haven't thought of.

If they agree most dealers don't have alignment equipment so they will then send it to an alignment centre of unknown quality who may or may not set it to the revised geometry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts