Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, and happy new year!

Thought id share an experience i had today which will be a hot tip for those local to Attleborough.
Needed to sort my wonky steering wheel out, and had booked in for alignment with Bosch in Norwich (£50). However i had to miss the appointment so thought i'd call a few local places to see whats what. I already knew that ATS in the boro does standard tracking adjustments for £40, but thought best to stay away.

I found Breckland Tyre Services in the local rag and gave them a call. 2 hours later, Bella is on the ramp and the result is laser aligned wheels, a straight steering wheel again, and a nice friendly chat too!

All for the rather bargain price of £26.95 :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, he did check them though, but immediately saw the fronts were waaaaaaay out of line, and worked on those!

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Hi all, and happy new year!

Thought id share an experience i had today which will be a hot tip for those local to Attleborough.
Needed to sort my wonky steering wheel out, and had booked in for alignment with Bosch in Norwich (£50). However i had to miss the appointment so thought i'd call a few local places to see whats what. I already knew that ATS in the boro does standard tracking adjustments for £40, but thought best to stay away.

I found Breckland Tyre Services in the local rag and gave them a call. 2 hours later, Bella is on the ramp and the result is laser aligned wheels, a straight steering wheel again, and a nice friendly chat too!

All for the rather bargain price of £26.95 :)
Sounds amazing :thumbs:

Good find ant!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
£25 - 30 is about right for most independent or smaller tyre supplier to do laser alignment. I wouldn't pay more than that for this type of work.
Good news that you are happy, what did they set the toe to? -7 mins each side, -2 mins each side or 0. If -7 you will pay many times over what you saved for the extra tyre wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts