Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is it necessary to have the wheels realigned after fitting Eibach lowering springs on a Lusso (25-30mm drop)?. I'm fitting 19" wheels also.

Also, when fitting (front springs) is it best to lift both front wheels of the ground together? If not will it created tension in the drop link which I am struggling to remove. Does the the drop link simply knock out, I can't seem to remove it! Any advice would be gratefully received.

Is there a guide somewhere for removing front springs and damper assemblies.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yes you have to have wheel alignment. You car is dropping so the rack is pushing the rear of the wheels out to give you less toe out.

And it is impossible to remove an anti roll bar drop link while the roll bar is twisted. Both wheels need to be level.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you have to have wheel alignment. You car is dropping so the rack is pushing the rear of the wheels out to give you less toe out.

And it is impossible to remove an anti roll bar drop link while the roll bar is twisted. Both wheels need to be level.
Ahh, that explains it, thanks.
Re jacking points, will the front crossmember under the engine take the weight or is it just a case of putting the front up on stands?

If you use stands, I guess you have to avoid placing the stands anywhere near suspension components. Where is recommended?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts