Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the rubber cover where the hydraulic pipe for the clutch enters the bellhousing. Inside, it looks like there is loads of hair everywhere. It something man made that has broken up. I don't know what it is. It's not clutch lining.

I'm trying to investigate a faulty clutch, the pedal does nothing and I think the clutch plate is stuck out (off the flywheel)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Hmnnn. dead rat's fur? Someone stuffed old hessian/sisal string, between the friction facings/pressure plate/flywheel face, to get some friction? Dunno really, a puzzle, do tell when you find out.:):

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think it was a dead animal at 1st but there is some metal strands in the fibres.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Needs observation under magnification for ID purposes perhaps? Could be friction lining/ bonding material I guess? But you say no, so??:):

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Imagine the concentration of heat and torque stresses to end up tearing a clutch to pieces like that?:): Red light dragster?:lol:

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
HUUH what did you do with the poor Alfa..?:wow:

A

·
0 Posts
I had a chap come in with a Rover once who said his car had run badly ever since his clutch had been changed. The crank sensor had that stuff wrapped all around it, the poor thing didn't know where it was:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts