Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of plastic on bottom of winscreen on both sides, Mine doest click in on either side?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The bloke that owned my car before me fixed both of his by heating them up and bending them back to the correct shape apparently. I am unsure of details but might be worth a go if it saves you £40 for a pair?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Blob of suitably applied silicon sealant, a covering of masking tape to hold in correct place over night and Robert's your mum's, or your dad's, brother . . .

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
£15.00 each from Alfa workshop - They are sacrificial parts if they ever replace the windscreen, they are NOT designed to come off as the clips snap, one time use only. Windscreen replacement on these cars should come with these parts.
You cannot repair them once snapped, been there tried that!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
With these parts bent round like they are, could that let water in anywhere? I've had a leak into the car recently, but found that it was a cluttered scuttle inlet. Now, considering both sides of my windscreen have this clip deformed, I'm wondering .........

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
With these parts bent round like they are, could that let water in anywhere? I've had a leak into the car recently, but found that it was a cluttered scuttle inlet. Now, considering both sides of my windscreen have this clip deformed, I'm wondering .........
Having these damaged would allow more debris to enter but in themselves not cause a leak, they are only trim cover pieces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts