Alfa Romeo Forum banner

whats the perfect offset rim for a alfa 33 1.7

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Greek 
#1 ·
Well ive deceided to upgrade my bottle caps for some nice deep dish or 3 piece rims. Maybe in the 15" or 16" by 7 or 8 wide.:inlove:

Would i have to roll the guards to get these to fit even with the correct offset???:rolleyes:

Would love some simmons or bbs brands my car is already lowered 35mm from standed.

#2 ·
I ran Zender 7x15" wheels on my 1.7 Sprint (same suspension as 1.7 33) with 35mm offset without any problems - tyres were 195/50x15 which wasnt too over tyred for the car.

7x16" with 205/45x16 tyres is probably possible too without too much effort as I think the 33 has wider rear aches than the Sprint......maybe not a great deal of help to you really :lol:

#10 ·
There is no problem with spacinf but i dont know if affects the performance of the car....Still ,they look better on the car because they fills the gap around the arches....
I would say that... wider tyres increase handling.. but to lower the car on 15" wheels would be best, to increase the handleing more.

Larger wheels such as my old 17" would make a slightly bigger top speed.. but slightly lower the quickness of the car..

Point is, the bigger the circumfrence, the longer it has to rotate, thus longer 0-60 performance times...

The widness of the rims would need an arch rolling, depending on how wide you'd wanna go.. i think an offset of 35-38 would be the most you can get.. there's a linkage going forward from the axel centre if i remember right??

I'd love some nice bbs or schmidt wheels... mmmmmm deep dish :inlove:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.