Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never noticed it on my previous Multiair , but there's a duct that comes out between the back of the headlight housing and the expansion tank. Looks like it should have another pipe connected to it but it doesn't ....
Too dark for a picture now, but what is it's purpose, I wonder.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
I never noticed it on my previous Multiair , but there's a duct that comes out between the back of the headlight housing and the expansion tank. Looks like it should have another pipe connected to it but it doesn't ....
Too dark for a picture now, but what is it's purpose, I wonder.
Drain for the Headlight assembly? Having a pipe means that if it gets a soaking its less likely to let water into the headlight. That said, looking at pictures of the spares I can't see a pipe fitted.

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andy. It's not a little breather pipe but a big open ended tube ! A headlamp breather would point downwards too?

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Hi Andy. It's not a little breather pipe but a big open ended tube ! A headlamp breather would point downwards too?
Wow! If it's big could it be the air intake that goes down to the air filter housing as that's down there? You're going to tell me it's not that big now aren't you!

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
This is a 2012, so if they've changed it for the new 150 engine, that could be it

Attachments

·
Registered
38,659 Posts
That is the air intake for the engine.

It is in the same place on the Diesel.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Some have removed this to create induction noise which works effectively with the MA.

Obviously, you are lowering your intake height and the chances of giving the MA a bath, but then it would need to be a fairly deep bath.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
There's a new NHV block behind it , covering the gas strut from front view.
I took mine with me when I went from exclusive to Cloverleaf!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts