Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
60,242 Posts
I bid for and won my 1993 Spider, 4 years ago. The bidding got pretty hairy in the last 10 minutes. :eek:
Winning bid, $10K. :D

K

·
0 Posts
I think it was my Mini which was about £800. Bought blind and probably not my best decision ever.

I don't think the Vulcan sale went through in the end. It got bid up to several million by assorted comedians then a pub landlord bought it to put in his beer garden in Manchester. However, having paid about 15, grand for it he was faced with a bill for several more thousands to move it. In the end it went for a lot less.

I remember seeing it with my Dad sometime in the mid 80s but it went downhill to such an extent that people weren't allowed under it in case it collapsed.

Don't look at the linky if you like aeroplanes.

The end for Vulcan Bomber XL391

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Current car,

SAAB 9-5 Aero dual-fuel, bought in August this year

£2500.

Just beats the ALFA 156 V6 by a couple a quid, but that was bought nearly four years ago.:D

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My last Gta, won it on ebay with out seeing it for £5995 went to Dumfries to pick it up,drove it around for 6 months then put it on pistonheads and sold it for £6800 with no cost apart from train ticket to carlisle and fuel back.

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
My last Gta, won it on ebay with out seeing it for £5995 went to Dumfries to pick it up,drove it around for 6 months then put it on pistonheads and sold it for £6800 with no cost apart from train ticket to carlisle and fuel back.
So you made nowt on it then:cheese:

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
I bought a house in France off ebay, I think it cost about £400k.

Wasn't my account though, it was someone else's who left their ebay logged on my computer :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Think mine was a GTV for about £3K a good few years ago....meant to move it along quickly but for some reason I've still got it....if anyone is called Wil and wants a personalised reg I have the car for you........I suspect I may lose a little on this car.......

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
My 2000GTV "project" egged on by MrsJim. It was a bit over a couple of grand and about £200 more than I expected to spend. I have the amount written down somewhere but honestly can't remember the final price. Money is so tawdry.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts