Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
23,038 Posts
Admit to myself that my father was dead.

I was thirteen years old. I really have no recollection of the following year. Yes I went to school and I guess I functioned but it took the standard "year and a day" for me to begin to come to terms with it.

I cannot express how strange it is to have a year of one's life expunged from one's memory.

When I talk to my family about it all they will say is that they were "worried" about me that year.

K

·
0 Posts
Going into the bedroom where my dad had died with the police (they act as the coroner's rep when someone dies suddenly) whilst they ensured there was no foul play.

My Mum had found him and was distrought so there was no way I was putting her through it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Nollie (skateboarding) 8 stairs when I was about 15 years old. :lol:

Got it on film too lol and I've got a pic. :cool: Proper bad ass at the time. :p

Probably had to do 'harder things' emotionally, but I guess I've had an easy life so far. :rolleyes::lol:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Same as GJ :(

I had to make 170 people redundant, these were my friends and blokes I learned my trade and grew up with :(
Most of the lads who were married, I'd been to their weddings and the baptism of their kids :(

The older women had been like mums to me when I was a wet nose kid when I started in the factory :(

I made the announcement answered as many questions as I had the answers for, left the canteen went into the toilet and cried my eyes out :(

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Wake up Mrs Roy on a beautiful Sunday Morning at about 7:30am, after getting a phone call from the Hospital to tell her that her Father had just passed away, after being taken in there, just the night before. That was heartbreaking, I can tell you, as he was SO fit and active.........:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts