Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

2 cars same year and model made 2003 156 2.5 v6 24v

1st 156 2.5 v6 24v Veloce (momo heated seats)
2nd 156 2.5 v6 24v ( Electric Full Recaro seats )

Besides suspension what did the veloce get that others did not as they both seem identical

---------------------------------
Can i part ??

The veloce has an alarm the other has not (one never fitted) .

Can i use the alarm system from the veloce & Key to activate it on the other 156 . so that i use 1 key to lock the doors and the veloce key to activate the alarm.

Thanks in advance an sorry about the flurry of questions this week end , i just have to get things sorted while car is near a bare shell as its going back together soon :thumbup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Can't answer re moving the alarm over but in theory it should be possible . But the alarm control is the board in the key so you if you do it you could swap the board into the other key and have it "as factory". Or swap the blade and immobiliser chip over if that's not possible.

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Besides suspension what did the veloce get that others did not as they both seem identical
Difficult question because if the other 156 hasn't got an alarm, then it isn't a UK spec car and different markets got different specs.

You could also spec up a non Veloce to Veloce spec with options, but it would cost more.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right David the 156 with no alarm i think was meant for another country being 2006 registered either boat fire or other

I own both but the veloce is now my parts car & the only things i could see that was on the veloce and not on the other was sport suspension pack / Xenon's / Alarm & different seats. They both have bose systems so the one listed as not veloce must have been a high spec .

Did all alfa's come with a after name like lusso / veloce etc as the 2006 has no spec name

What else is meant to be different because if there is anything thats not on the 2006 (project car) i will take if off the veloce before i scrap it.

As for the alarm i will give it a try and see if swapping it all over works or not as it seems all the wiring loom for it is there it may save money and feel saver as my last car got broke into and they stole all my new stereo and i dont mind having a extra key fob for just the alarm.

sorry again for questions but there is so little information on the subject , other threads just say veloce = sport pack and nothing else

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Does the 2006 car have remote locking?
I think the alarm just connects into the remote locking on the car, the connections are probably there (left front wheelarch)
There will be an "alarm pin code" that you may need, I don't know if you'd need the code for the early car or the 2006 one.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the 2006 car have remote locking?
I think the alarm just connects into the remote locking on the car, the connections are probably there (left front wheelarch)
There will be an "alarm pin code" that you may need, I don't know if you'd need the code for the early car or the 2006 one.

Yes both have remote central locking and boot and yes connections are there , one can only try if all fails i can just fit a after market entry alarm. it has the full history and all the documents so if a code is needed it maybe there as im sure ive seen a 4 digit code on a card or sticker as well as radio code

1 - 6 of 6 Posts