Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. just after everyones opinions on the alfa clutch issue really. im staggered with the amount of threads realating to everyones clutch problems. after owning my 147 for a month the biggest problem i have with it is the clutch...the gearchange is absolutely ruining the driving experience!!! my old corollas gear change was smooth as silk and i just wish the alfa was the same. so whats up with the clutch system in the alfa and why is everyone having clutch problems if the clutches are made by an independant manafacturer???

·
0 Posts
Post links to ALL these problems please

Have you tried bleeding the system?

Don't be too quick to judge 'Alfas' ;)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
mines fine, smooth as a babys behind:D

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
mines fine, smooth as a babys behind:D
mine too, a much better than a lot of car,s i've had especially my 306 diesel,...... although in all fairness it did have 279,000 on the clock and yes i put 270,000 that's not a typing error,

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
mine too, a much better than a lot of car,s i've had especially my 306 diesel,...... although in all fairness it did have 279,000 on the clock and yes i put 270,000 that's not a typing error,
just run in then:lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well at the end of the day you cant dismiss the amount of people the have trouble with th clutch in the alfa.:tut:

·
0 Posts
well at the end of the day you cant dismiss the amount of people the have trouble with th clutch in the alfa.:tut:
Compared to the folk that don't? :rolleyes:
Too quick to judge, get rid & buy a car of similar age & expect no probs :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
hi all. just after everyones opinions on the alfa clutch issue really. im staggered with the amount of threads realating to everyones clutch problems. after owning my 147 for a month the biggest problem i have with it is the clutch...the gearchange is absolutely ruining the driving experience!!! my old corollas gear change was smooth as silk and i just wish the alfa was the same. so whats up with the clutch system in the alfa and why is everyone having clutch problems if the clutches are made by an independant manafacturer???
What clutch problems?

What's wrong with yours?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Do you mean the clutch or the gear change ?. The gear change on my 147 is pretty rubbish, like stirring porridge, doesn't compare with the cable change on my old Corrado which was very precise and smooth. And the clutch is also not good compared to the Corrado either, much heavier and notchy and inconsistent with it. However, I think there's something not right with the clutch, just haven't got around to looking at it so far, so maybe there's hope yet.:)

·
Registered
38,920 Posts
At the end of the day, clutches on all cars wear out.

There is nothing different about the Alfa clutch design to any other other cars, and the parts are made by the same manufacturers that other brands use.. :confused:

Most Alfa's go far beyond 100,000 miles on a clutch which is pretty good going.

Anyway if clutches never failed on other cars places like Mr Clutch wouldn't exist.

·
0 Posts
my clutch vibrates when you gently push on the pedal, im putting this down to uneven wear? could be something else tho :/

·
Registered
38,920 Posts
my clutch vibrates when you gently push on the pedal, im putting this down to uneven wear? could be something else tho :/
Knackered release bearing, or worn/broken fingers.

Normally uneven wear will result in judder on clutch takeup.

Either way to cure it you will need a new clutch.

·
0 Posts
ive been thinking that for a while now, cars done just over 70k, which is probably the life of a clutch.

i'll get it sorted when i get back into work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My gear change is very smooth and nice to use. Better than the 159 I drove! Only annoying thing is the creeking from the master cylnder when using the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
My gear change is very smooth and nice to use. Better than the 159 I drove! Only annoying thing is the creeking from the master cylnder when using the clutch pedal.
like you have a little sparrow under the pedal, i feed mine:lol: gets very chatty at times, especially if its been stood still, must not like being ignored:lol:

·
Registered
371 Posts
just remember that no body ever posts a thread called 'everything on my car is fine'

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
just remember that no body ever posts a thread called 'everything on my car is fine'
i could have done about a week ago:lol: not now though:rant:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts