Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Struggling to find a new front stabilizer link for my 164. Ive tried local factors and they cant get me one, Ive even supplied the part number! Ive managed to get one from ebay, but they cant get a second. (even though they are still advertising them)

With 164 parts getting scarcer, is there any online factors or shops I am missing out on?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Struggling to find a new front stabilizer link for my 164. Ive tried local factors and they cant get me one, Ive even supplied the part number! Ive managed to get one from ebay, but they cant get a second. (even though they are still advertising them)

With 164 parts getting scarcer, is there any online factors or shops I am missing out on?
Have you tried Ian at Lyles Alfa? West road I think or West gate road.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
bit off topic but i noticed shop for parts were selling lower wishbones for 164s in their clearance section for 25 quid...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I generally use Alfashop in Norwich. They're not "online" but helpful over the phone. Also try Kingham's of Croydon (who seem to have bought a huge amount of old stock) and Mangoletsi in Cheshire. That said, why do you want one? I've never had to change one - they last forever don't they? I just replace the bushes on mine. I've also a vague feeling that there was a change between the pre-1993 cars and the ones made after that date, and the bushes are slightly different.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi there,

I've used (and can recommend) Bertelsbeck Automotive in Germany.

Bertelsbeck Automotive

is their website. They are not the cheapest, but they do have some suspension parts that are hard to obtain. They despatch to the UK via courier.

Alternately, the DiFatta Brothers in the US are very helpful, although I've not had to order from them yet.

Di Fatta Brothers - Alfa Romeo and Fiat Parts Sales and Service

Both companies will ship internationally.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Alfissimo is good, speak to Jason. They do deliver within europe as they have an eu partner. Keeps customs issues at bay but check with Jason first.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Thanks everyone.

Apparantly my car will fail on front stab links when it gets its test! I have been so busy with the 155 and christmas/winter I havnt had a chance to look yet myself.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I generally use Alfashop in Norwich. They're not "online" but helpful over the phone. Also try Kingham's of Croydon (who seem to have bought a huge amount of old stock) and Mangoletsi in Cheshire. That said, why do you want one? I've never had to change one - they last forever don't they? I just replace the bushes on mine. I've also a vague feeling that there was a change between the pre-1993 cars and the ones made after that date, and the bushes are slightly different.

Where do you get yours? I struggled to find any for mine. I emailled Alfashop and EB Spares and had no reply to either mail.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have to admit, it's a long time since I've bought any, but I think they were from alfashop. Worth phoning them - I don't think they really "do online" stuff! They seem very knowledgeable on the phone though.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Where do you get yours? I struggled to find any for mine. I emailled Alfashop and EB Spares and had no reply to either mail.
..actually i was sort of surprised when EB spares more or less told me to b*gger off with the 164TB as it was "never sold in the UK" :lol:

anyhow jason at alfissmo is a real 164 enthusiast and he has good contacts in europe for parts.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We should start a list of suppliers who still can help us with 164 parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts