Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I'm taking a long and serious look at getting a Giulia. That means letting the 159 go so I'm trying to gauge her value. Her vital stats are:

Model: 159 Ti
Year: 2009
Engine: 2.0 jtdm
Mileage: 96,000miles/154,000km
Colour: Black
Service History: FSH with TI Autos. I imported in from the UK in 2011 with 25,000 miles on the clock.
Condition: Stone chips on the bonnet and some paint flaking on a couple of the alloys.
Extras: Pioneer AVH 8400bt stereo with focal speakers in the front
Eibach ProKit Sports Spring Kit
MTEC Groved and dimpled front disks (fitted August, this year)
EBC Greenstuff Sport Brake Pads (fitted August, this year)

So if anybody has any suggestions as to a value or are interested in buying, please let me know.

As always thanks.

Donal

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hi folks
I'm taking a long and serious look at getting a Giulia. That means letting the 159 go so I'm trying to gauge her value. Her vital stats are:

Service History: FSH with TI Autos. I imported in from the UK in 2011 with 25,000 miles on the clock.
Condition: Stone chips on the bonnet and some paint flaking on a couple of the alloys.

So if anybody has any suggestions as to a value or are interested in buying, please let me know.

As always thanks.

Donal
..ah you're just showing off :)

What Giulia were you thinking..?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi folks

As always thanks.

Donal
The short answer is "whatever a buyer is prepared to pay", but based on what's currently available in Ireland/UK, maybe €8.5-9.5k if you're lucky & get the right buyer. Possibly closer to the top end since yours has extras & is service history. The 2.0JTDm is a plus on a 2009 car (higher bhp, lower emissions). Most 2009 models have the 1.9 engine. The Alfa dealer may be prepared to give a good price on a trade-in since they know they'll be able to sell it on.

Best of luck - I'm sorely tempted to take a petrol Giulia for a spin myself.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Best of luck - I'm sorely tempted to take a petrol Giulia for a spin myself.
I'm staying away from a test drive until I can actually get one, I know myself - as soon as I get a "taste" of something faster than what I currently drive, I start obsessing about it.

Considering a few hefty expenses coming in the next year, it might be quite a while :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'd want to see the negotiations and financial wranglings that have gone on over that past week. There was less hassle, worry and talk when we bought our house.
To be honest my original plan was to buy a V6 gt in the UK and bring it in. But the deal on the Giulia is too good to pass up. A Giulia 2.0l 200hp Super Sport for €42,566 a comparable Jaguar XE starts at €51,630 before any extras.
The spec I'm looking at is the Petrol Super Sport in Alfa Red with a black interior and Turbine wheels
Extras are:
40/20/40 Split folding rear seats
Front & rear park distance control
Winter Pack (I just want the heated seats but you need to go for the pack)
Climate Pack
Sound Theatre by Harmon Kardon
Maybe the metallic Monza Red

But we'll see. I always said I'd never buy a new car and it's a huge chunk of money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts