Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting rid of my Alfa GT in the next couple of months but I can't find any comparable ones for valuing it.

Alfa Red
1.9JTDm
2006 on an 06 plate
126k motorway mile (I live in staffordshire and work in Warrington)
Been serviced at all intervals with the book stamped up. Lots of receipts and past MOT's
Recent work has been new front pads, discs, wheel bearing, oil cooler pipes, oil cooler,arb, drop links and a new battery.
Tan leather interior
18" Wheels
Reverse parking sensors
Dual Climate
iPod connector
Tax and MOT end March.
I'm the second owner, the first being my uncle. I've had it since Dec 06 when it was on 19k miles.

Things that need doing:
1) New EGR valve fitting - bought, just need time to fit
2) Gear lever doesn't return to the centre
3) Stone chipped front bumper from all the motorway miles.
4) Nearside wing has a 2cm dent that's barely noticeable
5) Offside sill has a dent from a kerb approx 5cm scrape.
6) Door check strap creak!
7) Always had a slight creak from the clutch pedal

Am I looking at 3k, 4k, 5k for this and would doing 1 - 5 (or any combination improve the resale value?)

Also where's the best place to sell it? eBay and let it run?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response! Pistonheads is like a bloomin yoyo with their classifieds at the moment. Changing to an updated version, then back to an old version.....very confusing!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Things that need doing:
1) New EGR valve fitting - bought, just need time to fit
2) Gear lever doesn't return to the centre
3) Stone chipped front bumper from all the motorway miles.
4) Nearside wing has a 2cm dent that's barely noticeable
5) Offside sill has a dent from a kerb approx 5cm scrape.
6) Door check strap creak!
7) Always had a slight creak from the clutch pedal

Am I looking at 3k, 4k, 5k for this and would doing 1 - 5 (or any combination improve the resale value?)

Also where's the best place to sell it? eBay and let it run?
If you got it all fixed then it would certainly make the car more desirable but what is the cost as you probably wouldn't get it back from the sale of the car, to be fair from your description you have a high mileage GT in need of a bit of TLC, personally I wouldn't buy it with knocks and scrapes and bits needing doing unless it was dirt cheap which would make up for the inconvenience of me having to get those items sorted myself.

G

·
0 Posts
Pisatonheads has turned to ****. I've noticed it is nowhere near as busy as it used to be. Autotrader is still the Daddy

I'd probably say about £4000 for your GT due to mileage. Lovely colour spec and the all important 18" alloys may get you £300-£400 more

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you got it all fixed then it would certainly make the car more desirable but what is the cost as you probably wouldn't get it back from the sale of the car, to be fair from your description you have a high mileage GT in need of a bit of TLC, personally I wouldn't buy it with knocks and scrapes and bits needing doing unless it was dirt cheap which would make up for the inconvenience of me having to get those items sorted myself.
Cheers for your honest feedback. I'm being completely honest in my description to get an honest reply.

What's dirt cheap in your opinion?

For me the GT has been a real workhorse taking me up and down the motorway each day but with a 7 week old baby I could really do with back doors!

G

·
0 Posts
£3500 with the work needing doing and you should get a quick enough sale

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
£3500 with the work needing doing and you should get a quick enough sale
I suspect I'd get 3k to 3.5k trade in from a dealer on my next car so it may not even be worth trying to sell it. I could rebung the new egr valve on ebay and get another £100!

Hmm other option it to sell the 18's, buy some 16's as trade in won't take into account the wheels.

Lots to consider!

G

·
0 Posts
I suspect I'd get 3k to 3.5k trade in from a dealer on my next car so it may not even be worth trying to sell it. I could rebung the new egr valve on ebay and get another £100!

Hmm other option it to sell the 18's, buy some 16's as trade in won't take into account the wheels.

Lots to consider!

Sounds the best bet to be honest as could be a ball ache selling a high miler

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just paid £3495 for a 144k mile 54 plate gt with all niggles sorted. If i were you i would wait until christmas is a distant memory, fix everything, particularly the dings, and hope for £4-4.5k. The place i bought from said they wouldnt normally take on such mileage but the 17" wheels are a selling point. Dont get rid of the 18's too hastily!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts