Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any spooky significance to these simultaneous (how do you spell that?) occurances which have just happened;
1. Battery in key went flat
2. fog lamp decided to become all condensed (as in fogged up, pardon the pun)
3. Headlight bulb kaput
4. stereo eating a cd and not giving it back

Perhaps its all just the new alfa owner experience to get me on an adrenalin rush?!
Oh, and by the way, I have tried that waving thing but n o t h i n g! and I do in fact look quite nice as well!!
Any suggestions on items 1-4 gratefully received :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
1. Battery in key went flat
It happens, buy a new one (battery that is, it's a watch battery easy to fit)
2. fog lamp decided to become all condensed (as in fogged up, pardon the pun)
This generally happens if you drive around with your fogs on all the time 'as the bulbs generate more heat'(clarification needed). To clarify, which 147 do you have and what do you think are your fog lights? In the original 147 Fog lights were situated on the outer edge of the main headlight cluster.
3. Headlight bulb kaput
Again, it happens, buy a new one. (erm, bulb not a new headlight ;))
4. stereo eating a cd and not giving it back
This has happened before and I believe someone posted a thread about it on the forum, it can happen with ANY CD player and as the ones in Alfa's are Blaupunkt it just goes to show expensive stuff can be crap too.

On the waving thing, try flashing people whilst you do it ;) :p

·
Registered
895 Posts
If a 147 keeps burning up lamps it may be an indication of a dying battery giving voltage spikes in your electrical system. How old is your battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blimey, I did not expect such a serious response, but thank you! I know these things happen (typical), new battery and new bulb and thump on stereo and all is well, but why do they all have to happen at the same time? Although they say things come in three's (but that was four - don't count the fog lamp!) Condensation is in one only, I haven't even used them yet!
I'll try flashing (my lights) as well as waving and continue with the friendly grin :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Hmnn! Intriguing attractive posts these, a hint of mystery therein? Fascinating, as Butterflies, beautiful creatures flitting by. zf Lecherous old git, stop it!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts