Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm Giulio a tech at Bentley motors. I have just got myself a alfa 147 2.0 .
I really love the car but only one thing gets to me is the body roll and the dip on the rear suspension on pull away. Have just got jamex sports spings. I what to know if GTA anti-roll bars will help.

Ps does anyone now when the next alfa day is ?

Kind regards
Giulio

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Hi Giulio, Wow Bentley that is neat...

Welcome to the club.

147 and 156 share a lot... I am not to sure on the 147 side, but on the 156, I was also concerned about body-roll and investigated the GTA anti-roll bar - it is the same as the 2.5 156... so that would not improve anything for me - but lets reserve that for confirmation on the 147 2.0TS side...

I am in the process of getting Eibach Anti-Roll-Bars, but production is only done every once in a while. Alfisti.net have a few on order from Eibach and I in return have have one on order from Alfisti - the promised date was end Jan, but has been postponed to end Feb.

Having lowering spring with normal shocks mostly lowers the car, but does little to improve handling - for that adding proper shocks like Koni or Bilstein will improve matters.

Fitting stiffer anti-roll-bars will not solve the dip at pull away as it can only limit roll, if both springs compress, the bar stays neutral. Fitting shocks with higher compression damping will improve anti-roll and the pull-away dip... That is where your best bang-for-buck lies at the moment.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Hey buddy. have you fitted the Jamex yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet thanks!!

Hey buddy. have you fitted the Jamex yet?
Hi guys

Thanks from the replys.I have already got the jamex springs but have not fitted them.

Gertie I think the GTA arb will work on my lighter 147 . I already have them so it won't do harm to just try them.

Also heard putting wheel spacers to widen wheel track will help with handleing? What you think?

No meets on the cards? Alfa days or breakfest runs?
:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
hey buddy

i mean this with respect. Please sell the springs and put in a decent set

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Ditto to what MasterP said.... the Jamex springs are sub standard.... for the sam emoney you can get a decent set of H&R or Eibach..... give Steve Hurley from Koni a shout, he can sort you out.....
His number is in the Parts and Services thread..........no disrespect meant..... The steel used to make the Jamex is not up to the standard a set of decent springs, even the OE ones, should be..... your ride will be worse, not better..... I would rather leave the OE on and get a decent set of Koni or Bilstein shocks.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
lol the compositions are completely different.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
No meets on the cards? Alfa days or breakfest runs?
:thumbs:
Hi Giulio,
I meant to add a comment here too: 12 Feb is ARCSA's Valentine run. Saturday 3 March is the next big day out - I will create a new thread on this - watch the Forum page ;) and look at HOME - it will soon get a new look...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi

You guys saying then that jamex is bad springs? I wanted to get me a set but will stick to Eibach...but where in SA do we get that?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Shawney, Eibach might be difficult to get hold of. I think the company went bust two or three years ago? You can stil fit H&R springs. The Koni dealers supply them, and they come in -30mm lowering.

Contact [email protected]

Hope this helps! :thumbs:

EDIT: Just found out the Eibach plant in SA is in Port Elizabeth, they import and manufacture springs for Eibach Germany. Contact them on: +27-41-4515311

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts