Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all obviously enjoy our gta's..but what car would you sell it for?

Has to be realistic too, so no "Id sell it for an F40"

Me...if I saw a nice Citroen DS in my price range I'd sell it. The original version, not the new ones.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Nothing in a similar price range. If it was written off I'd probably go for something completely different like a disco. I do fancy an old 80s xjs though.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
R33 Nissan Skyline GTR :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
At the moment considering selling mine and getting a 159 TI JTD SW either 1.9 or 2.4, but not sure I want to sell me Bella as she's running sweet as a nut at the mo, just bloody hate the suction effect it has on my wallet Lol, hence the mulling over a change. Cant see me steering away from an alfa though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
At the moment considering selling mine and getting a 159 TI JTD SW either 1.9 or 2.4, but not sure I want to sell me Bella as she's running sweet as a nut at the mo, just bloody hate the suction effect it has on my wallet Lol, hence the mulling over a change. Cant see me steering away from an alfa though.
159 is a great car and would choose it again even today. However GTA is a different league. Don't sell it. You'll regret. If you're worried about fuel costs and drive it a lot invest rather in a good LPG system. Don't forget. This car was there for you when you really needed it:).

As wrote above. I would not sell mine. However if really had to then a GTV6. But rather to have both:lol:.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
you'd have to prise the gta from my cold dead fingers if you wanted me to get rid of it :d
+100,000 (did they make that many GTAs?) :D

I was down at Ken Bell's (Alfanatic) and he was saying how much he loved my car, really loved it, ... I said he can take it out for a spin anytime it's in there - nice man, and top garage :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i wouldn't sell mine or swap, if it got wrote off i would buy another.
i love the idea of having a 2nd anyway poss a 156GTASW :) in blue

M

·
0 Posts
YetyGT, I get nasty shivers and severe anxiety at thought of selling up, believe that! I'm pretty sure most of you have had the same thoughts about selling from time to time for what ever reason, but you go out and clean her or have a particularly good drive and you remember why you bought it.
Mine is not a daily car and I suppose I'm guilty of not using her enough and its this that rekindles the enjoyment she gives from the moment I start her up much like the missus:lol: I fancy a trade in but just cant seem to let go:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Integrale Evo possibly :)
I had a non evo 1990 16v and I still miss it. Fantastic car, so an evo would be on my list too.

Alternately a secondhand Maserati quattroporte or 4200.

With the sensible head on though I do like the Abarth 500.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I want to build a Clio Williams with a Subaru impreza engine and running gear - it would be pretty mental with relatively tame engine tuning. It will only happen if the GTA is a total insurance loss though as I couldn't sell it.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i know everyone has their own opinion to what is a great car, but a Skyline would not make it onto my list for cars to swap the GTA for!
One of the few cars out there that i reckon is a really great car but i would never want to own!
Sorry :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I had a non evo 1990 16v and I still miss it. Fantastic car, so an evo would be on my list too.

Alternately a secondhand Maserati quattroporte or 4200.

With the sensible head on though I do like the Abarth 500.
Must be local thing !

+1 (almost)

Evo II

or

thing I would like most is a 4200 - however I'd be very, very worried about maintenance bills

or

sensible hat on 500 SS but would have to be a very high spec e.g. leather (ideally sparco), xenon's, climate, upgraded hi-fi and exhaust (yes I've looked) - ideally I'd have a 595 - but would not pay £40k for one!!!

only other thing I've looked at more than once is an RS4 cab (but I'd never love it - just a posing functional fast tool) - what are the maintenance costs for those?

However the only things that would make me change is being made an offer I can't refuse on my GTA - or if it was a total loss.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts