Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As im living this at the moment and handing her over today, im just wondering what im gona miss most about my GT, or what anyone has or would?

One of my favourite things about the Gt is the steering feel, you just feel so connected, the car dances round chicanes like nothing ive ever driven. It makes you want to drive and enjoy driving.
One of my all time favourite drives was the mountain road from st raphael to Cannes last summer, flat black melting tarmac and amazing fast hairpins!! She was amazing. The car just makes you smile! bloody magic and in my case black magic. Also im gona miss the space, the GT was so practical. :)

Damien.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well i have to admit that at first i didn't like her "behind" but now i love it. What I would miss the most it would have to be hands down the seats, the racing feel and how they simply HUG YOU when you sit into them. They feel so natural it's amazing not to mention this combined with the driving feel of the weel and how the car handles is just amazing, pure pleasure of driving.

Was thinking in the future as how and when i'll part with my car but i'll probably get an almost new, full option GT again... WEIRD eh ?

G

·
0 Posts
I always end up coming back to the GT as I miss just how good looking it is and how you feel owning one. To be fair I would feel the same if I could finally get my hands on a 159 Ti though :lol:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always end up coming back to the GT as I miss just how good looking it is and how you feel owning one. To be fair I would feel the same if I could finally get my hands on a 159 Ti though :lol:
Funny Graham i love the look of the 159 but im not convinced it has the GT magic?? i have really gone off saloons lately , love the cosy coupe thing!! Its all about the drive for me, and i don't need extra weight, in fact i don't even need a back seat!!lol.
I understand if you need a bigger vehicle if you have a big family etc. Not saying the 159 ti is a bad motor though.... but the Gt is something else:thumbs:

Damien.

G

·
0 Posts
Agree massively about missing the V6. The 1.9 JTDm is a great engine remapped but that Alfa 3.2 V6 engine is something else

G

·
0 Posts
Funny Graham i love the look of the 159 but im not convinced it has the GT magic?? i have really gone off saloons lately , love the cosy coupe thing!! Its all about the drive for me, and i don't need extra weight, in fact i don't even need a back seat!!lol.
I understand if you need a bigger vehicle if you have a big family etc. Not saying the 159 ti is a bad motor though.... but the Gt is something else:thumbs:

Damien.
True...I think the Ti looks as stunning as the GT and Brera but I have found the extra weight a downside on my 159's...especially the 2.2, it felt like it was going backwards at times :lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The looks, from side on as i approach it, so I can see front and side at the same time. There is nothing better..
I'd miss the feel of the steering too, it handles so well compared to many other motors.
The seats, you really do feel like you are part of the car and not sitting on seats but properly in them.
The diesel engine is impressive, great low down torque (if someone wants to let me play with their V6 for an hour I can then give a proper comparison ;) )
I'd miss everything (but not the wishbones, water pump replacement and boot rattle...)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm so glad i owned a GT, then had money to spend on her to make her all she could be. Rather that than spending a fortune on a low mileage blacky or cloverleaf........ sod your leather seats and crappy useless centre console button. My Gt could absolutely kick ass and would out handle any standard 12k cloverleaf! God im gona miss her. I truly hope the next owner realises how special she is.

Damien.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
depreciation.......depreciation. :( Did not want to run her to over 100k!! and did not think sinking 12k into a newer low mileage clover an astute financial decision? I will be back though i promise you that.:thumbs:

Damien.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Your mad to let her go but on the other hand you do make sense in your decision. I love the v6 engine, my Bose speakers are hardly used cos I love hearing the engine, also it's the only car I have owned that when I walk away from it I can't help but look back a couple of times, it's become a seedy love affair me and my GT I never even thought of owning an Alfa but this being my first and spending over 2k on repairs on it I don't regret it

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your mad to let her go but on the other hand you do make sense in your decision. I love the v6 engine, my Bose speakers are hardly used cos I love hearing the engine, also it's the only car I have owned that when I walk away from it I can't help but look back a couple of times, it's become a seedy love affair me and my GT I never even thought of owning an Alfa but this being my first and spending over 2k on repairs on it I don't regret it
Yep you have fallen for her man!!:) you buy a GT with your heart!! i think i might have a GT V6 next!! and have her as a second fun car? will see.:thumbs:

Damien.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are standard Gt cloverleaf 18's!!:)

Damien

1 - 19 of 19 Posts