Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been offered my old job back! Left it because I got an offer I couldn't refuse. That turned out to be borrox as Nissan are not the volume brand I was led to believe they were.
So do I go back to the Alfa I know and love, or stick it out with Nissan? I've regretted leaving Alfa since day 1.
Downside is the daily commute going from 45 to 110 miles, and the fuel being paid by me as opposed to the company.
Upside is, working for my beloved Alfa again!

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will you get a company car or have to use your own... ? If you have to use your own .. then buy a cheap economical one for the.journey. however there is the time it spent traveling to take into consideration also. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Company car, probably MiTo 1.3 or Giulietta 1.6 diesel. The GTV only comes out on days off!
Having slept on it I reckon the only thing to do is get back to what I know and love.

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Company car, probably MiTo 1.3 or Giulietta 1.6 diesel. The GTV only comes out on days off!
Having slept on it I reckon the only thing to do is get back to what I know and love.
I should think so too :thumbs: .... can't believe it took ya so long :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do whatever makes you happy, if you got to work you might as well do something that you love doing.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
if you're lucky enough to enjoy your work that's the deal maker for me
Do whatever makes you happy, if you got to work you might as well do something that you love doing.

+1.. it's always scary changing job.... but you're in a very very lucky position to be able to do something you enjoy and love.:cool: Btw, you must be dam good at your job to say you're former employer wants you back.. fair play:thumbs:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,407 Posts
Will the pay with Alfa make it worthwhile working and commuting there? Or would you still be better off with Nissan?

Its one thing being happy in a job, but if the current one means you are better off....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The extra salary at Alfa covers the fuel costs :thumbs: The pay plan has also improved slightly at Alfa since i left.
The pay plan at Nissan is nothing short of a joke at the moment, with the goal posts being moved on what feels like a monthly basis. :mad:

I was told that I'd be selling approximately 20-25 cars per month here, after starting though I knew that was nonsense. I've been battering through a 3 year old database to try and get some business back to the company, that on top of the limited footfall coming through the door has seen an average of a lot less than 10 per month. I've had perhaps 2 decent months here in the 8 months since joining.

Bottom line is they talked the place up and I fell for it. The targets at Alfa are obviously lower, but the financial gain is also bigger if you reach the targets.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,407 Posts
No brainer then if you ask me mate. Better money working somewhere you will like it more. Why are you even still thinking about it? :lol:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am stuck in a really **** situation with my current job, and probably going to be posting a similar thread. So all I will say is look at what you need to earn, see how that sizes up against what alfa will pay opposed to nissan, and then weigh that up against how happy you will be with the job.

One thing I have learnt is money isn't everything, I have applied for jobs with less money and am considering a career change which would mean a sizeable drop in pay. If you are not happy in your job, or your job is stressing you out it is time to move on. There is more to life than work, though you do have to work, but there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy what you do to earn a crust.

Best of luck with whatever choice you make :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
The extra salary at Alfa covers the fuel costs :thumbs: The pay plan has also improved slightly at Alfa since i left.
The pay plan at Nissan is nothing short of a joke at the moment, with the goal posts being moved on what feels like a monthly basis. :mad:

I was told that I'd be selling approximately 20-25 cars per month here, after starting though I knew that was nonsense. I've been battering through a 3 year old database to try and get some business back to the company, that on top of the limited footfall coming through the door has seen an average of a lot less than 10 per month. I've had perhaps 2 decent months here in the 8 months since joining.

Bottom line is they talked the place up and I fell for it. The targets at Alfa are obviously lower, but the financial gain is also bigger if you reach the targets.

Irony? You fell for a salesmans patter :lol:

Seriously though, I think this is a tricky one. I've always said that once you leave a job you shouldn't go back, even to the point that once you make your decision to leave you shouldn't accept an offer to stay (£££'s have made me ignore this though!) as it doesn't take long to get itchy feet again.
I suppose this can be dependant upon the underlying issues for leaving. In my head by going back you've effectively made the statement that your there for life and you can get your behind branded with the logo. Now in this case that might not be too bad a thing :lol:

If the reason for leaving was purely to do with promises that your new employer couldn't keep, and your old job gave you high job satisfaction then fair do's.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Notice handed in, start new (old!) job on 13th of February :thumbs:

Thanks all for the good advice. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts