1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12/06/2019, 15:30

Clubalfa says
From Italian , translated;

“As confirmed in the last hours by Harald Wester, Maserati will not realize new entry levels confirming the Levante and Ghibli as access proposals to the range. These statements confirm, therefore, that the Trident house will not build the D-SUV on an Alfa Romeo Stelvio basis, a project that was confirmed by the business plan announced in June 2018 and reconfirmed again last November as an integral part of the "Italy Plan ”By Manley, the FCA business plan for the Italian plants of the group.

The renunciation of the Maserati D-SUV therefore opens up very worrying scenarios for the FCA plant in Cassino, the production site of the Alfa Romeo Giulia .....”

·
Registered
39,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It continues
“Only Alfa Romeo for Cassino's future?

The future of the FCA plant in Cassino could therefore be linked exclusively to the Alfa Romeo brand. With Maserati appearing to have definitively abandoned the downward expansion project of its range, the Lazio production site should continue to produce Alfa Romeo models.

In addition to Giulia and Stelvio, waiting for restyling and the debut of the expected plug-in hybrid variants that could give an important boost to sales growth, the future of Giulietta remains to be evaluated. The C segment of the Italian company could exit the market in 2020, leaving space for the Alfa Romeo Tonale, the C-SUV anticipated by the concept car that debuted at the Geneva Motor Show. In any case, the Tonale will be produced at the Pomigliano d'Arco plant.”

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My old Stilo was built at Cassino.. :)

Not really relevant I know. :D

Ralf S.
My old Stilo was built there too. A fine job of it they made - just gone off the road after 14 years. A car that promised so little but repeatedly brought a suprised smile.

To be honest I'm more worried about the Mirafiori factory, which was hardly productive building the MiTo in the latter days, but must be eerily quiet with just a handful of Maserati Levante's to build now. At least Cassino has Giulia AND Stelvio.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
And a Giulietta now and again.
Indeed. They shot themselves in the foot there by removing a large chunk of the (Giulietta) engine range and not installing at least one of the new FireFly engines. The 1.3 150bhp FireFly with DCT box would've surely been a good move?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Looks like we need not have worried about Cassino, as the new 'cancelled' Maser SUV that's now back on looks set to be built there, alongside the Giulia and Stelvio. Gotta love FCAs management. Couldn't make a decision & stick to it if their lives depended on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts