1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Looks like they're death traps, well if you crash one. :eek:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
"But they are safer than mopeds." Apparently.
I think I would agree with that. Not much safer, but safer. Saw a fatality a few years ago in Italy from a moped accident. Think a car had ran over the guy's head :(

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh, but do children in quadricoffins take more
risk on the road than their scooterist brethren ?

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
quadricoffins :giggle:

If I were 15/16 again I would rather have a moped than one of those "things"... altho the chaternet looks probably the least stupid and you can drive a mate around

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
How is it legal to have a "car" with the structural integrity of a blancmange

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because it is not a "car". This is how things work in Europe.

The worst is that convicted drunks can legally "drive" them
after a ban.

Stupid.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Am I right in thinking you can drive one of these at 15/16 and also drive them without a licence as long as they are limited to a certain speed?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Because it is not a "car". This is how things work in Europe.

The worst is that convicted drunks can legally "drive" them
after a ban.

Stupid.
are you sure, as they can't in Belgium... a ban means all motorised vehicles, and could include bicycles or horses aswell.

The EU law means these scooters must weigh less than 299 kg to apply, how are you going to get them to be as strong as an 800 kg car?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Am I right in thinking you can drive one of these at 15/16 and also drive them without a licence as long as they are limited to a certain speed?
45 kph (under 30 mph). they're usually diesels though I see all tested here are petrol. Lombardini or Yanmar 2 cilinder diesels, like used in small tractors/big lawn mowers or generators.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The penalty is to take away your licence, thus ...

It's a typical French thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The penalty is to take away your licence, thus ...

It's a typical French thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Voiture sans permis

NevTranslate said:
Very popular with teenagers, quadricycles also attract all layers of the population, including drivers who have received the 48SI letter, have had their licence invalidated or any other form of licence withdrawal.

Unless the prohibition to drive any motor vehicle has been specified by the judge, drivers with: suspended licenses, cancelled licences or who have received the "7" letter retain the right to drive a quadricycle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts