Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says im wondering what cable to use as the elm327 one i have got does not work with multi ecu scan and i really need to check my clutch rod length. alfa romeo 147 2002 (selespeed) any help would be amazing!

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
AFAIK, you need a paid version of MES to access the Selespeed function (€50) which only licences the software to a single laptop.

As per link, cable is same as engine.

·
Registered
30,320 Posts
AFAIK, you need a paid version of MES to access the Selespeed function
Paid functions are in red on the website.
Selespeed ECU is in black, so should be free.

Either a KKL or ELM should work, but have a read of the bit on the MES website about ELM interface issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFAIK, you need a paid version of MES to access the Selespeed function

Either a KKL or ELM should work, but have a read of the bit on the MES website about ELM interface issues.
thanks mate yeah I have an elm 327 cable and it doesn’t want to work does with every other program just not the one I want haha is there any way to manually check the clutch rod length?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I've never had the pleasure of working on the Selespeed system so not sure.
I even gave iffy advice as I read info from Selespeed GTA, not Selespeed. Doh.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I've never had the pleasure of working on a Selespeed.
I even tried giving you info for the Selespeed GTA, not Selespeed. :boxedin:

I'm guessing there is just no communication from Selespeed? Again, all I can think of is fuses etc or maybe time to get hold of a copy of eLearn (which is largely the workshop manual). See eBay.

Unfortunately when the Selespeed was new, many people (myself included) decided to steer clear which is why we have relatively few active members with good Selespeed experience.

The KKL route may have been better but you have ELM. I'm not aware of this having issues specific to Selespeed communication.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never had the pleasure of working on a Selespeed.
I even tried giving you info for the Selespeed GTA, not Selespeed.

I'm guessing there is just no communication from Selespeed? Again, all I can think of is fuses etc or maybe time to get hold of a copy of eLearn (which is largely the workshop manual). See eBay.

Unfortunately when the Selespeed was new, many people (myself included) decided to steer clear which is why we have relatively few active members with good Selespeed experience.

The KKL route may have been better but you have ELM. I'm not aware of this having issues specific to Selespeed communication.
haha any advice is good advice in my books! And I have the good old kkl cable on the way rather not waste to much time trying to get the elm to work. My actual issue is that I have all gears but 5th and reverse though I can get into both when the car feels like it which isn’t to often, I pulled apart the gears under the front plate which to my surprise let me enter reverse and 5th repeatedly while n mar and while driving then it just stopped working again after half an hour my big plan is to rinse the trans oil and replace as there was a lot of factory green sealant floating around in the old oil and inside the gears itself hoping maybe it’s a simple “stuck” issue

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

thanks for the reply! do you know much about the selespeed system having some reverse and 5th issues tried most of the usual culprits but to no avail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts