Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
What turbo is standard on the 2.4 Q-tronic from 2010?
Is it the "old" 200ps or the newer from the 210ps version?

Regards
Carsten

·
Vendor
46,347 Posts
All the Qtronic models get the 200PS engine/turbo. Its a Borg Warner unit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Super, thanks a lot :thumbup:
Hm, no matter how much I search the www I can't find any specs on this unit.
It's a 3k Borg Warner K03 unit, right?
Using their Product Search engine on BW website helps nothing, according to that, the 159 doesn't use one of their turbos.
Can someboody help out with some datasheets on this unit?
Product Search | BorgWarner Turbo Systems

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Hm, no matter how much I search the www I can't find any specs on this unit.
It's a 3k Borg Warner K03 unit, right?
Using their Product Search engine on BW website helps nothing, according to that, the 159 doesn't use one of their turbos.
Can someboody help out with some datasheets on this unit?
Product Search | BorgWarner Turbo Systems
What are you trying to do??

Do you need a turbo??

Anyway the 2.4 turbo you were asking about is a Borgwarner KKK. The model of the turbo is a BV50. The spec is BV50-2080, with 42.9mm turbine wheel and 54mm compressor wheel

Ned

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
What do you need the info for? If you need one then I have one for sale....drop me a message if you're interested

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you trying to do??

Do you need a turbo??

Anyway the 2.4 turbo you were asking about is a Borgwarner KKK. The model of the turbo is a BV50. The spec is BV50-2080, with 42.9mm turbine wheel and 54mm compressor wheel

Ned
Thanks a lot, just what I needed :thumbup:
I am trying to see if there are any replacement turbo's that would make the car a bit more fun :)
But I've come to the conclusion, after reading a lot of threads in here, that a hybridturbo seems to be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thanks a lot, just what I needed :thumbup:
I am trying to see if there are any replacement turbo's that would make the car a bit more fun :)
But I've come to the conclusion, after reading a lot of threads in here, that a hybridturbo seems to be the way to go.
you can do a straight swap to the Garrett jobbie from the 210ps versions (which is what I did when my original packed up). However, had I bothered to read a bit further I would have gone for what Ned ^^ can offer along the lines of a hybrid setup :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts